Three

Elyus's POV:

"This morning, an unprecedented global earthquake swept nation-states across the world, causing damage and panic." The news anchor on Sersi's television announced, showing the destruction of buildings, bridges, and other areas in the world from the earthquake. "Many have speculated its connection with the Blip. The UN has called for an emergency meeting..."

I let out a huff of annoyance once the realization set in. "I don't even want to know the mess I have to get back to at home."

"There are bigger things that should be your main concern, Elyus." Ikaris spoke up, slipping his arms through the sleeves of his jacket. "I'm positive that your bar can easily be rebuilt."

"My main concern is making sure my employees aren't hurt." I remark with a glare. "That bar is what is keeping them afloat, jackass."

"He sort of has a point, Elyus." Sprite spoke up as she unsheathed her dagger, eyeing it with curiosity. "An earthquake and seeing a Deviant on the same day?"

"Especially since that Deviant healed itself. They could never do that before." Sersi chimed in, leaning against the doorframe with worry. "And it was coming after us instead of humans. What's going on?"

"I came to check on you because of the earthquake. That Deviant is news to me." Ikaris explained.

"Something's happening to Earth." She shook her head. "Can't be a coincidence."

"We need to find the others."

Sersi gave a small shrug. "I haven't seen some of them for centuries."

"I doubt much has changed." Ikaris muttered before he approached Sersi. "I'm sorry I hurt you, Sersi. But we need to stick together. And once I know you're safe, I'll leave you alone."

I narrow my eyes in curiosity, taking note of Sersi's body language filled with discomfort. That's new.

"Let's go to Ajak first." Sersi spoke up, ignoring his words. "She'll know what to do."

"You hear that, Sprite?" I ask, sending a short blast of wind toward where she stood near the window. "You got your wish of a family reunion.

"It's about time."

BABYLON 575 BC

"Face my wrath, you chaotic children!" I dramatically announce in Babylonian before swiping my hands across the dirt, splattering mud across the children which earned a mixture of playful giggles and screams as they attempted to throw mud towards my direction.

Though suddenly, I feel something heavy pour over my head and I gasp at the cold sensation, watching as mud dripped down on my shoulders to my feet.

I look up, meeting two younger girls' expressions filled with mischief as giggles escaped from their lips.

"Sneak attack, I see?" I laugh, wiping the mud away from my eyes, and swiftly thrust my hands upwards, causing the surge of wind to throw them off balance and keep them hovering midair.

They attempt to escape from the wind spheres but rather than bursting out, they merge the spheres and bump into each other with a laugh.

I turn to the other kids, and seeing as they laughed and pointed to the girls, I use my other hand and create more spheres around to trap them, causing them to screech in delight.

"Looks like the mighty army has fallen!" I playfully rub my hands together. "If you all had known, mud gives me additional strength! For I am the mud beast!"