Nine

Elyus's POV:

Each of us took a seat on the benches that were lined up (except for Ikaris who preferred to lean against the wall nearby Sprite and Sersi), but I decided to rest my back against the tree behind them with my legs spread across the bench to keep the row to myself.

Karun sat behind Kingo to still record, leaving Thena and Gilgamesh to sit in front of them.

Throughout Sersi's explanation to Druig from what happened to us in London to the point of what Arishem told her, I couldn't help but smile in amusement at the sight of Gilgamesh passing out in the middle of it.

Though, there was a moment of sadness that struck Druig's expression once Sersi revealed what happened to Ajak.

"You've given me a lot of bad news in one go, my lady." Druig muttered.

"Will you help us?" Sersi asked with hope laced in her tone.

"I am glad that--"

Druig's words instantly get cut off by a ringtone, the song Juice by Lizzo blaring in front of me, and Sersi scrambled to shut it off.

"Nice one, genius." I snort, earning a glare from Sersi as she shoved the device back into her pocket.

"Hey, what's your service?" Kingo loudly whispered. "I'm not getting any bars."

Thena nudged Gilgamesh which caused the man to jump at the contact before tiredly rubbing his eyes.

"Do you all remember this forest? Beautiful." Druig emphasized, beginning to walk around. "It was the last place we all lived together."

My heart sinks in remembrance and I look down at my fingers, conjuring a mini tornado to spin around the bench. "It's a memory I try to forget." I mumble and look up, seeing as Kingo signals for Karun to stop recording.

"Well, I've protected these people for 20 generations now from the outside world and from themselves." Druig shrugged before he approached closer to Karun. "Your kind, my friend, you will be responsible for your own extinction one day. Don't you think?"

Karun nervously swallowed. "I think we must learn from our mistakes and do better, sir. You must not give up hope."

From where I sat, I could still see the gold shine in Karun's eyes and before I knew it, he threw the film camera toward the wall.

I swiftly throw the mini tornado toward the camera and catch it, making it hover mid-air just before it could smash.

"Oh, no, you didn't." Kingo spoke with annoyance as he stood up from his spot. "Okay, new rule, no more possessing people's valets."

"Oh, where is your sense of humor, Kingo?" Druig smirked, unfazed at the fact he and Kingo were inches apart from each other. "Elyus, you and I used to love messing with the Babylonians. Don't tell me you lost the fun self I loved oh so much."

"Times change, Druig." I remark before I slowly move the medium-sized tornado toward Karun so he could grab the camera.

He reaches for the camera again but his eyes shine gold once more and he smacks the camera to his feet, causing the device to shatter.

"Seriously, Druig?" Kingo groaned.

"I'm sorry, sir." Karun sadly spoke up.

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault." He softly said before turning back to Druig. "You are not a God. You know that, right?"

"How ironic." Druig smirked. "Kingo, the movie star."

"I've directed some things, too."

"Oh, yeah? Like what?"