Ten

AMAZON FOREST

Elyus's POV:

I send a blast of air to the ground which sends me high in the air and land on top of the Deviant. I quickly wrap my arm around its neck and force it into a chokehold. "You just don't want to quit, do you?" I grunt, trying to hold my balance as it wildly shook my around.

It charges to the metal front of the building and my body harshly slams into it, forcing me to let go of my grip.

It snaps its canines at my shoulder but I swiftly grab onto its upper and lower jaw before it could sink its teeth in.

The tail harshly stabs into my leg but I hold back the cry as my knee buckled to the ground, tightening my grip.

This time its tail pierces through my abdomen and I couldn't help but groan in pain. "You're...not...killing me!" I angrily yell out.

Its tail wraps around my waist and chucks me to the side, sending me to roll across the dirt and land on my stomach.

I shakily try to push myself up but a heavy claw-like weight forces me back down, shoving my head to its side to make me stay down. I helplessly attempt to blast the harsh winds but no matter what I did, the Deviant continued to harshly drag its claws on my back.

"Get off of her!" A voice shouted before something pierces against its neck.

The weight suddenly comes off of my back and I quickly look up, seeing as Sersi frantically backed away as the Deviant angrily approached her.

It harshly slams its head against her, sending her to fall into the pond behind and jumped in after her.

My eyes widen in horror. "No, Sersi!"

However in a matter of seconds, a burst of water shoots up into the air, leaving me to quickly cover my eyes as the water completely drenched me.

Once the water settled, I look up and my eyes widen in surprise, seeing that the Deviant was no longer what it used to look like. Instead, it was shaped into a tree.

I quickly shake my head and scramble to stand before jumping into the water and ran over to Sersi who seemed shocked as well.

"Sersi," I whisper before pulling the girl into a tight hug. "Sersi? Are you okay?"

I feel her nod as she slowly wrapped her arms around me as well. "Y-Yeah. Yeah I'm okay."

I pull away, pushing some of the wet strands of her hair behind her ear. "Why did you save me? You could've gotten yourself killed."

The corners of her lips perk up a bit. "You're worth the risk."

My heart swells at her words as I unwrap my arms from her with a small smile. Maybe she isn't so bad after all.

The moment is cut short because almost as if he sensed it as well, a figure lands in the pond with tired breaths, quickly pulling Sersi into a hug next.

"Sersi, are you all right?" Ikaris worriedly asked.

I take a step back away from the two but a sharp pain on my side forces me to rest against the ledge.

A hand moves in front of my face and I look up, meeting Druig's expression filled with concern. "You okay?"

I nod, grabbing onto his hand and he carefully helps me out of the pond. I look behind me to the Deviant tree once more, seeing the surprised look on Ikaris' expression as well.

"How did you do that?"

"I-I erm--" My eyes flicker to Sersi, seeing as she turned away from where Druig and I stood and glanced back at the tree. "I don't know."