Eight

Elyus's POV:

After catching Thena and Gilgamesh up to speed with what occurred in London, we comfortably sat ourselves around the table and served ourselves the food Gilgamesh put out for us.

Thank god the pie wasn't the only thing he made.

"This is just what you guys eat every day?" Kingo rambled with a smile as we all didn't spare another second to wait to serve ourselves. "Yeah, this is amazing."

Gilgamesh nodded. "Every day."

"Thank you for this." Ikaris added.

I reach for the spoon for the bowl of vegetables around the same time as Sersi and since she sat across from me, our fingers barely graze enough for me to pull away immediately.

"Uh--"

"Sprite, pass me a slice of pie, would you?" I politely ask the girl beside me before Sersi could utter another word, feeling her eyes on me but I didn't bother to look up.

Sprite simply nodded since she still had food in her mouth and pushed the pie platter close to my plate so I could grab it with ease.

"Oh, you're welcome. Help yourself." Gilgamesh continued before placing the pitcher in front of Karun and Kingo. "This one is a trio of wine, beer, and mead. Made for all the soldiers in the battle of Troy."

"That's so thoughtful." Karun complimented with a laugh which didn't last very long since Thena was staring at him.

Kingo looked up at Gilgamesh. "Should she be drinking?"

"No, hers is non-alcoholic. For kids." He assured before his eyes landed on Sprite. "I gave you the same thing, Sprite."

"For kids." Kingo laughed.

I stifle a laugh as Gilgamesh and Kingo broke out into laughter but Sprite's reaction was the opposite as her expression shifted into a frown.

"I was just kidding." Gilgamesh sighed, wiping the corners of his eye but I watch as Sprite discreetly waved her hand, changing Gilgamesh's outfit into something an infant would wear. My eyes land on the large bib with the words 'GILGA-MESS' and I cover my mouth with my hand to hide my smile. "Yours is a secret brew Odin taught me as a thank-you after we helped defeat Laufey's army in Tønsberg."

Everyone took notice of this and burst into chuckles, Kingo's being the loudest which caused Gilgamesh's brows to furrow into confusion before glancing down at his outfit with a sigh. "What? Oh. I'm a big baby. Very mature. Can you stop? Stop."

Sprite waved her hand once more, stopping the illusion.

My eyes flicker to Sersi and see her stares were already on mine before she quickly looked down at her plate once more.

"Speaking of Odin," Kingo spoke up. "Thor used to follow me around when he was a little kid. Now he's a famous Avenger and won't return my calls."

"So, now that Captain Rogers and Iron Man are both gone, who do you think is gonna lead the Avengers?" Sprite curiously asked.

I rarely caught up with the news about the Avengers. There was a point after the battle of New York where a girl used the bar as a hideout to ramble on and on to her online conspiracy hacktivist group, The Rising Tide. Went by the name, Skye Johnson.

I didn't care for it at first when she first told me about having footage from the Stark Expo attacks but when it came to a point of having some other stuff on the Avengers, I got concerned. Especially since some agency called SHIELD kept covering it up.

She stopped coming around shortly after so I never got to see her again. As much as she annoyed me for scaring away my customers, she made it at least bearable to go to work.