Fifteen

Elyus's POV:

Magma erupts from the ground and I couldn't help but watch as part of Tiamut's golden head rose above the Indian Ocean, creating massive tsunami-like waves that viciously destroyed the smaller islands along with its left hand rising above the ground.

"There!" Sersi pointed to an area filled with magma and rubble but there was a small exposure spot of Tiamut's palm. "Take me there!"

"On it!" I push through the winds, guiding the tornado to move towards the spot, slowly shrinking the size to make sure we didn't accidentally get knocked off by the boulders.

Once we safely get to the ground, Sersi glanced at her glowing hands with a nervous look until it shifted to determination. She pressed her hands against the celestial, coating its golden palm in marble instead.

"Holy..." I trail in awe, watching as the cosmic energy spread until a burning sensation snaps me out of it.

I roll across the floor with a groan and look up, meeting Ikaris' hardened glare as he approached us, his eyes shining a bright gold in preparation to shoot his laser eyes again.

"Ikaris, stop!" Sersi yelled, stopping her actions as she protectively moved in front of me. "If you want to kill her...you'll have to go through me."

His eyes flickered between his normal ones and to gold, a look of despair filling his expression as he kept his stares at Sersi until a tear trickled down his cheek.

As much as he was loyal to Arishem, I knew Ikaris well enough that he wouldn't kill Sersi. He couldn't kill the woman he still loved.

And Sersi knew it too.

She placed her hands once more to the ground, emitting a bright geometrical glow and golden lines to emerge from her chest before she rose up at a high elevation from the ground.

Soon after, Ikaris and I rose up as well, similar geometric patterns outlining our bodies as we linked with the others golden power lines to lend and connect our power to Sersi.

With all the gathered energy, Sersi forces herself back on her feet and slams her hands against Tiamut's palm, allowing her powers to travel across its hand to cover it in marble.

I instinctively shut my eyes, feeling the harsh winds blow against us and only hearing the sounds of Sersi's screams as she exerted every bit of her power over the celestial being.

I sense the Uni-Mind link disconnect and I open my eyes once more, watching as Ikaris and I slowly lowered back to the ground.

I look around and my eyes widen at the sight of Tiamut's entire form covered in marble along with a flock of seagulls flying over the crashing waves.

I bend down to Sersi's level with a grin. "I knew you could do it." I whisper, pulling the prime eternal into a tight hug. "Ajak would be so proud of you. I'm so proud of you."

She pulled back, cupping my face with a tired smile. "I couldn't have done it without you."

I immediately shake my head. "I'm not the one who turned the celestial into marble."

A sniffle from behind causes me to jerk away from Sersi and turn, seeing Ikaris's tears flow down his cheeks with his expression filled with regret.

I still want to kill him.

"I'm sorry." He softly spoke up.

"I know." Sersi whispered with a small nod.

Ikaris slowly stood up from his spot, never taking his stares off of her until he quickly flies above us to the point we couldn't see him anymore.