Fourteen

Elyus's POV:

We skid to a stop near the cliffside and my jaw drops at the sight of the large volcano spewing out black smoke as crackles of lighting shoot out.

I feel a hand interlace with mine and I turn, meeting Sersi's weak smile. "If this works--"

"When this works." I cut in and squeeze her hand.

"When this works," Sersi repeated with a laugh. "you think we can hang out again? Like old times?"

I smile. "Of course. How does California sound?"

"Anywhere with you is fine with me."

"Sounds like a date."

"I suppose it does."

"Don't mean to interrupt your plans but..." Druig trailed, causing Sersi and I to turn. "the world is sort of ending right now?"

"Right, sorry." Sersi cleared her throat. "It's time to put a god to sleep."

Druig twisted his bracelet and instantly the fragments rapidly spin around his wrist.

Makkari, Sersi, and I do the same, watching as the pieces rapidly spun in unison, feeling my combat suit thrum at the action as it linked with the other bracelets.

The golden lines and geometric patterns outline my body and I begin to float mid-air with my arms spread, feeling the energy connect with Sersi's, Makkari's, and not too long after Thena and Phastos.

Druig started to rise above the ground with his arms wide which creates a golden geometric dome to emerge until it brightly extended wider, amplifying his abilities.

Rumbles from the volcano slowly died down and from where I floated behind Druig, I could see the lava subside.

However, a laser zaps into Druig's back which shoves him off balance and he fell on his stomach with a grunt

"I should've done this five centuries ago." Ikaris landed in front of us as he stomped towards Druig before grabbing him by the throat.

I try to break free from the hold but since the effects were barely still winding down, I was forced to helplessly watch as Ikaris flew Druig high into the air.

The three of us drop to the floor just as Ikaris harshly throws him before blasting him with his eyes beams, sending him deep underground.

Makkari wails in despair and I huff, swirling my hands around my feet to prepare to jump.

"Ellie, don't!"

I ignore Sersi's shouts as I blasted the surge of wind at my feet, creating the large cyclone to meet at Ikaris's level.

"You bastard!" I angrily yell out and lunge toward him but he swiftly wraps his arm around my throat, holding me in a chokehold.

With one swipe of my free hand, I force the harsh winds to surround us, feeling his grip begin to loosen as our surroundings violently shook.

"You all had a choice!" Ikaris growled, squeezing his grip tighter. "Now, you have to live with the consequences of going against me. Do you regret it now?"

"Never." I croak out. "I still want to kill you."

"Let's see you try."

He thrusts us forward, breaking through the wind barrier and my eyes widen at the Domo flying close to us.

Ikaris spins us around and pushes me forward, driving me through the hull of the Domo's walls to split it in half before he proceeded to do the same for the bottom.