Foedari

[A/N: Hello my lovelies! My sincerest apologies for the late upload! If you didn't know, there is a Spotify playlist for this book, that a very wonderful person has helped me in creating! It is linked in the first chapter! I love you all and hope you enjoy! -K 🖤]

[🌌 This chapter is somewhat long and contains slight angst🌌.]
***
The throne room was exceptionally busied, frantically bustling with activity this morning. A kaleidoscope of colors rained from the glass dome of the ceiling, illuminating my parents and myself in a barrage of intense hues and fractals of light.

After hearing the list of concerns of subjects from a nearby village, a new company had paraded themselves into my family's fortress.

They were adorned in uniforms and accessories with the colors of navy blue, indigos, and muted grays. They behaved prestigiously and carried with them a holier than thou attitude as they strode in with their noses in the air piously and irritatingly.

"Thank you, King Daemon, for inviting my son and I here to visit with you and your beautiful family." The short man standing below our podium bowed dramatically, swinging an arm behind him for special effect. Golden chains swung from his shoulders, specifying him as an esteemed warrior, yet it was easily noticeable that he had not seen battle but from a report, a stack of words tossed onto his briefing desk that alerted him to the losses he had acquired.

This man was Tharen, the High Lord of a neighboring planet, Aergia, who had been humbly monologuing for the past fifteen minutes of how grateful and honored he was to be in the presence of the Bellica family, in their fortress of a castle.

Aergia was known for their advanced technological abilities, and on muiltple occasions, had partnered with Interitus for treaties and business agreements. Aergia had benefitted with military support and loaned wealth, and Interitus had benefitted from traded technology.

They were once again here, proposing another business opportunity.

With him, he had brought his son, Runesic, a small accompaniment of other royals and noble consorts, and a small succession of droid protectors that acted as their personal guards. He was certainly displaying his prominence and power for my father, but in no way was my father impressed in the slightest.

"Thank you, Lord Tharen for your honorary measures and for journeying to Interitus. Please, state your business for coming all this way and for bringing your entourage." My father spoke from beside me, adjusting himself comfortably in his throne and studying the eclectic group of people standing below us.

I silently inspected my golden robes, waiting for Lord Tharen to hurriedly complete his business so I could finally spend time outside of the castle. It had been days since I thoroughly enjoyed the gardens, and my plans were thwarted when the visitors from Aergia showed up unannounced, to me, at least.

I nervously twisted my gold rings on my fingers, connected by delicate golden chains that spread along my wrists as a suggested accessory of my mother. My waist-length hair had been strategically designed to be braided along the sides of my head, with the cascading majority of my thick, wavy hair to be allowed loose down my back elegantly.

Lord Tharen cleared his throat and motioned for his son to step forward from behind him. Runesic was reserved and brooding. He was purposefully attempting to be intimidating as he puffed out his chest. His dark hair and eyes were predatorily focused on me as he crossed his arms in front of his broad chest. He stood tall, proud, and...conceited.

He knew he was strikingly handsome, but charming characteristics are easily corrupted with an unkind soul.

"My son," Lord Tharen announced loudly, "Has been interested in the affairs of Interitus for a while now. He has been avidly studying and researching the history of the infamous planet and the esteemed generations of the powerful monarchy here." Runesic nodded vainly and smirked towards me. "Soon, he will assume the title of Lord of Aergia."