Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

[A/N: Hello my lovely readers! Here is another chapter for you all. I had hoped to upload it last night, but as usual, time slipped away from me. I hope you all enjoy and are piecing together the details that I have left for you. I love you all! -K🖤]

[🌌This chapter is extremely long, contains both angst and heartwarming moments, and also violent situations.🌌]
***
Darkness surrounded me, enclosing me in an eternal abyss of emptiness and isolation.

How did I get here?

A hauntingly beautiful voice began to beckon for me, awakening me from a most destitute slumber. "(Y/N)?" Poe questioned from his approaching position. My mouth opened in silent shock as his hand reached for mine. As soon as our fingers touched in a feathery caress, I felt life begin to infect my hopeless being. "Are you alright, my Princess?" His voice was abounding with concern and was laced with worry.

He came back for me.

I had no choice but to swallow the risen lump in my throat. After all this time, I began to doubt that I was worth returning for. I eyed him carefully and full of adoration. He hadn't changed, only in the fact that he was more beautiful than any other time that I had seen him. He was glorious, ethereal, an undeniable angel that descended from heaven, just for me. "I'm alright, my Poe. I'm...just lonely. I'm so very lonely." My breath paused as I contemplated the recent events and revelations that had affected my current state.

Why was I lonely?

Was I alone?

Poe sighed as he softly covered my hand with his. A smile formed on his face as he considered my features with contemplation. How I had longed for his gaze to rest upon me again.

His attention felt like the long awaited sunshine, desired by a field of deserted flowers, patiently awaiting the moment where their life-giver would bestow favor on them once more.

With a gentle and enveloping hand, Poe brought my knuckles to his perfectly crafted lips. I sighed in relief as the warmth emanating from him immediately comforted me.

How I missed him so.

"My beautiful, radiant, most brilliant star in the galaxy..." Poe chuckled as my smile began to appear, a foreign feeling now that I had been suffering and without happiness. He turned my hand over and kissed my palm before placing it onto his cheek.

I shivered with pleasure as he stepped closer to me, pressing our chests together in a familiar motion. My heart began to lively beat, renewed by his healing presence that had come to save me. "I miss you." I whispered towards his beautiful face that beamed down at me. "Please...please come back, my love. The distance between us is...slowly killing me. My heart becomes less inclined to beat without you near." My admission was truthful and full of honesty.

I was finding it more difficult to focus on living in the present as I always seemed to dwell on the past.

The past was where I was most happy.

My hands instinctively admired his stubbled cheeks and my fingers drowned beneath his abundant curls of dark brown locks. He was intoxicating. He was my other half and better portion of me. "I love you." My confession was nearly silent as I forced out my imprisoned whisper. His face, so close to mine, brought long forgotten about butterflies back into my empty stomach.

I had been starving, both literally literally and figuratively.

The void continued to increase in size and temptation every day.