Perniciosius

[A/N: Hello my beautiful readers! Thank you for being so patient with me during my hiatus. I send virtual hugs to you all! I can't believe that this story is nearly over. Fear not, The Mandalorian book will follow this one!

Also, the next few chapters will be a complete rollercoaster with reveals, twists, and many other exciting things! For this specific chapter, please refer to Tui Fidelis Devotus for a refresher of the time frame!

I have missed you all dearly and love you more than you know! Please enjoy! -K🖤]

[🌌 This chapter contains saddening angst and sexual insinuations.🌌]
**^
"You learn quickly." Kylo smirked, blocking my parry. He quickly turned and nearly clipped my side before I quickly stepped back and away from his attack.

"I had a great teacher before you." I returned breathlessly, carefully eyeing his movements and calculated steps. His black robes flowed elegantly and gracefully even though he was engaged in a mock battle.

My father had trained me to be exceptionally well versed in the venerable arts of Interitus battle strategies and close combat tactics.

Our practice swords clanked as we simultaneously approached one another, slamming into each other's chests. Our swords were raised above our heads and we silently gazed upon the other.

Kylo's jaw was clenched tightly, and the muscles in his face contracted with every emotion he felt. His eyes playfully darkened, even twinkled beneath the glimmering lights of the training chamber. The scar across his face, the one he shamefully covered with an intimidating helmet, had become a comfort for me. His stature still towered over me, yet it was less daunting that when we first met. It had been nearly two weeks since I had arrived on Interitus and this specific training soon became a daily occurrence.

His richly honeyed voice interrupted my thoughts. "Do you like what you see?" He spoke lowly with a smirk accompanying his taunting tone. One of his gloved hands caught my own above my head, still gripping the sword.

My cheeks immediately blushed scarlet and I averted my eyes to his chest that was breathing harshly. "I-I wasn't..." I licked my dry lips and glanced up to his face that was now smiling widely in victory. "You're trying to distract me, Kylo."

His hand that was once holding my wrist began to cascade down my arm. His gloved fingers gently caressed my skin and caused me to tremble beneath his touch. "I don't have to try, my beloved. It's obvious you're-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I forced his arm away and attempted to disarm him to successfully take his sword. However, his height gave him an advantage. He easily managed to avoid my ploy and by using his free hand, hastily turned me around until my back was plastered flat against his chest.

I couldn't concentrate knowing that his chest was breathing roughly against my back.

My guard had been effectively taken down, and before I could bring up my sword to defend my open neck, his sword was already there, menacing and threatening to secure victory.

His lips ghosted across my ear as he maneuvered to my height. "I'm very impressed." My chest heaved with every soft spoken word of his. With every breath, the metallic edge of the sword caressed the top portion of my cleavage, proving that Kylo had the upper hand and control of our positions.

I quietly gasped as Kylo's hand snaked around my middle, holding me in place by pressing against my abdomen. His chest was firm and, just like me, he was also breathing laboriously. His thumb softly massaged the material that separated him from my bare skin.

And yet my skin burned most ravenously.

I lowered my sword, knowing that I was close to being conquered. Over the course of the recent week, Kylo had been lowering the defenses I purposefully had built against the outside world.