Secernere Ab Ipso

[A/N: Hello my lovelies! I apologize, sincerely. The past few months has thrown my life off course with unfortunate events, surprises, and even diagnoses. Thank you for being patient and waiting for my return. I hope you enjoy the LONG-AWAITED update!

I love you all! -K🖤]

[🌌 This chapter is saddening, contains swearing, and mentions of violence.🌌]
***
Every brush stroke was therapeutic, creating firm resolutions of lines and colors throughout the painting I was so desperate to complete.

The combinations of blues, purples, deep indigos and other cool tones effectively recreated the sky I observed faithfully, every night.

It had become a routine, religiously habitual in a sense, to study the night sky. As much as I wanted to claim that I was hoping for a sign written in the stars, deep down, it seemed that the sky would always remain the same despite my fervent prayers. It would never change.

Full of stars I would never reach.

Clouds that would never be broken by another ship.

My coronation was only days away, and with every passing minute, fear and self-doubt only expanded and rooted within me. My confidence had been traded with irrational fear and, as much as I denied it, a seething anger.

However, I had been trained for this very purpose, this purpose of monarchical responsibilities, but I felt more than unqualified.

My planet, my people, and my side of the Interitus galaxy deserved...more.

More than me.

My hand that had been gently painting and adding faint stars to the canvas suddenly gripped the brush harshly, now enraged by the thoughts possessing me.

I glared at the canvas, carefully inspecting the perfectly captured evening sky that I had recreated while staring out my window. I sat here every night, hoping for a miracle that never belonged to me in the first place.

And I would return every night, my heart aching for what I couldn't reach.

My eyes drifted from the canvas to the open window that displayed countless stars and the beloved heavenly bodies that surrounded Interitus. The stars and celestial beings that I had once been close enough to appreciate even more seemed father away than usual. My jaw tightened at the memories that never ceases to haunt me.

It was almost as if I could hear him scaling the wall to the window just as he did before. His presence haunted me, tortured me, and provided the most agonizing desire to be near him again.

For a moment, my heart fluttered at the memory, reliving the experience and emerging emotions that he had been the only one to spark.

At the same time, an infuriating rage seethed deeply within me, a wrath that was becoming increasingly difficult to control.

I shoved myself away from my desk, harshly standing to my feet, which inadvertently caused some of the vessels of paint to tremble and fall from the desk itself. There was a time when I would have been frantic to clean the spilled paint. Now, I only watched as the colors silently dripped from the desk to the floor.

There is a passion that burns within. I need that passion to incinerate everything in its path.

With determined steps, I approached my bed and roughly grabbed the resting saber from my pristine sheets. I hadn't dared to sleep, especially for the past several nights. Now that I felt more than comfortable with the weapon I had been constantly training with, I easily managed to spin the handle in my palm before unleashing the energy of the crystal within.