In Omni Universo, Te Amabo

[A/N: Hello my lovelies! Here is the next, probably long anticipated chapter, for you all! I can believe this story is nearing its ending, but I have two new stories at the ready. I have a Mandalorian book and a Beauty and the Beast retelling that I'm so excited to share with you all! Sorry for keeping you, enjoy! -K🖤]

[🌌This chapter is LONG, contains swearing, angst, and suggestive insinuations.🌌]
***
"...Mother?"

My low voice quivered as the grip on my mouth was released. My breath, seemingly out of control, echoed in the completely shadowed mausoleum.

A small flame emerged from the darkness, and within seconds, illuminated the dark space from a handheld torch.

Tears brimmed my eyes as I stared toward the figure in shock. Her long hair had been weaved into a bun that sat at the nape of her neck. Her dress, which wasn't ornate or elegant, was made from the scraps of earth toned fabric. A matching cloak was wrapped around her shoulders and partially covered her face.

But I'd know my mothers silhouette from anywhere.

"My (Y/N)...my baby..." Her words fumbled from her mouth as she secured the torch into a place holder on the wall. "My beautiful daughter." She swiftly closed the space, reaching for my shoulders.

Was this real?

As soon as her arms enveloped me, a gasp escaped her lips. Her hands searched my back, not feeling my curls or braids that would've normally awaited her motherly touch.

My first instinct was to shy awake from her touch. In the last days, physical contact had brought my rage to the surface quicker than any other factor. This was the reason Kylo and I hadn't spoken since the night previous.

"What happened to your hair? What happened to you?" My mothers voice seized my attention, yet her words drifted off into a numbed silence. I could feel her hands inspect my face, almost expecting permanent damage to her favorite plaything.

What happened to me?

In the recent weeks, I had celebrated my 24th year, which was the reason of the attack on the palace and Interitus in general, I had traveled to several planets, I had been assaulted on one of said planets, I had been haunted by both voices and figures, I was abandoned at my palace, and I had accepted an engagement which would follow my coronation.

A marriage I didn't harbor any love for.

My father was murdered. My fault.

My home and my people were attacked. My fault.

I had fallen so deeply in love that I didn't dare try to stand again. My fault.

"W-Why didn't you tell me you were alive?" My voice sounded foreign to me. It wasn't the voice that had been trained for years to reach a certain cadence and to rise and fall on perfect registers.

It sounded... Empty. Wounded. Ignored.

Forgotten.

"You must understand, (Y/N), that I've had no other-"

With a single stride, I created distance between the two of us, even bringing my hand up between up to separate us further. No excuse could improve my thought on the matter and how it affected me.

My footsteps crunched against the slightly dusty floor on the mausoleum. It was dark and dingy, only ever being properly opened to be cleaned. My jaw clenched as I noticed a few webs in the corners of the granite pillars.

Somebody would be punished for not cleaning my father's resting place properly.

My eyes sorrowfully inspected the tomb before me. A massive marble slab covered the elevated platform. On the surface was a near perfect rendition of my father's portrait. My fingers traces over his eyes that would never crinkle at the corners, his nose that would never scrunch upon smelling the flowers during our daily garden walks, over his lips that would never smile upon me again nor remind me that he loved me.