Reditus

[A/N: Hello my lovelies! Thank you all for being patient with me over this insanely hectic weekend. I hope you all have enjoyed your own weekends! Here is the next chapter for you all. I love each one of you and hope you enjoy! -K 🖤]

[🌌This chapter is long, contains sexual insinuations, and brief mentions of angst.🌌]
***
A honeyed and rich baritone voice was softly humming amidst the darkness that surrounded me, rescuing me from the shadows and guiding me back towards the light. The symphonic melody was slowly waking me and pulling me back to the surface that I had been suffocated by for an unknown amount of time.

Gentle caresses trailed over my knuckles, encouraging me to open my heavy eyelids that only desired to surrender to unabated slumber. A faint tension in my chest reminded me of the stressful and unbelievably disastrous evening that had ultimately led to the predicament I was currently in. My name was being fervently whispered like a most religious prayer, delivering me from the darkness.

My eyes fluttered open to discover a most coveted and heavenly sight before me.

"Oh, thank the stars..." Poe's humming ceased as he hurriedly brought my right hand to his warm cheek, placing my knuckles against his scruff softly. "You've only been asleep for about fifteen minutes." He mumbled into my fingers as his eyes closed in gratitude and thankfulness.

I only now noticed that Poe's captain chair had the mobility to maneuver 360 degrees, meaning that he was directly facing me now. Our knees were brushing each other as he scooted closer of the edge of his seat towards me. "What...What happened, Poe? Why couldn't I stay awake?" I questioned as I slightly altered my sitting position to be more comfortable. My hands found the harnesses across my chest that were still secured, trapping me in the chair. 

"I can't believe I was so stupid." Poe rushed his hand through his hair as he shook his head. "I didn't consider the effects that our intense take-off into the atmosphere would have on your body. I've been doing this for years and just assumed..." He sighed before studying my face with his captivating brown eyes. "I'm sorry, Princess."

I straightened my posture with a wince, cradling my left hand against my chest to further protect it from harm. I used my right hand to release the buckles of the harness, removing my hands from the straps that contained me. "Don't apologize, my Poe." With my right and uninjured hand, I cupped his cheek and caressed his temple with my thumb. "You saved me. Because of you, I am still here. I am eternally grateful and am indebted to you, regardless if your piloting rendered me unconscious." I returned, smiling when his cheeks began to blush slightly.

"Let me take a look at your wrist, hm?" He suddenly offered, leaning forward in his chair towards me and opening his palms. I complied and carefully positioned my bruised wrist into his hands, biting my lip as I did so. "Okay, so, I don't think it's broken. It just looks like a nasty sprain." He decided after gently turning my hand over in his capable fingers, softly running the length of my skin with his healing touch. "But I'll get a second opinion when we get to the base, okay? I'll make sure you get the best treatment, Princess."

My eyebrows furrowed at his words, and I glanced upwards to peer through the glass canopy of the aircraft. I had assumed we were already on the Resistance base because of the gorgeous blue sky, adorned with whisping, white clouds above us, completely different than that of the dark starry sky I had admired before blacking out. "Where are we, Poe?"

With a tearing of some kind of fabric, Poe moved to the edge of his seat and placed my sprained wrist onto his thigh so he could begin to wrap and stabilize it. "We are at a...pit-stop of sorts. You weren't responding to me after you had gone silent and I was worried, so I landed on a nearby planet after reaching light speed to travel to this galaxy." I watched as Poe traced my bruised hand with his thumb, holding my breath as he softly raised it in front of his face. I didn't truly comprehend what he was explaining, but intently listened to every word he had for me. "The planet is known as Cor-Al. It isn't overly inhabited, but..." His eyes flicked to mine, "I thought you might like to see it when you were finally awake."