[13] Raccoons with a Rigorous Workout Routine

"Was not expecting that."

David basically saying what Chess could say. But that also showed that the raccoons are currently occupied with their workout routine. With the sound of music drowning out any other noise, the group found that it's a prime opportunity to search for the lunchbox. Chess joined the search as well, sifting through the trash as he occasionally looks back to make sure no one notices.

Kipo's punk sleeve started slipping, which she hurriedly puts it back in position as she crawls over.

"Does anyone see the lunchbox?"

For a second or two, no one seems to have found anything remotely shaped like a lunchbox. Chess did find one, but it was blue and had the shape of a white queen chess piece; thus, it's completely unrelated. Though, he thinks inwardly to commune with Piece.

"Piece? Is this thing related to the Chessboard Burrow?"

"THIS PRODUCT DOES HAVE RELATION TO THE CHESSBOARD BURROW. HOWEVER, THERE IS A CHESS PIECE IN THIS LOCATION."

"What?! Why didn't you tell me earlier?!"

"OBSERVATION OF PRIOR ACTIONS WOULD HAVE RESULTED IN THE OPERATOR REFUSING TO ENTER THE CITY DUMP. ADMITTEDLY, THE CURRENT TIMELINE OF CIRCUMSTANCES HAS NOW INCREASED THE LIKELINESS OF FINDING THE CHESS PIECE."

...

Chess didn't want to hear anymore information. Piece had also stopped talking, perhaps after reading his emotions. So...that meant he has to search the entire dump just to find one thing. Chess groaned, but otherwise just kept it to himself and continued searching for the lunchbox (and the chess piece, if he ends up finding it).

"Is this it?"

Dave pulls on something that's red like the lunchbox. But it appears that it's a cloth that's colored like the lunchbox. This would've been just a bummer if DAVE DIDN'T CAUSE AN AVALANCHE OF TRASH TO FALL ON TOP OF THEM!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

Before he knew it, he's buried in the garbage waste once again. This time he didn't need help as he began digging himself back out. As light meets his eyes, the sound of a record scratch punches through the brief respite like a spear.

"Who was that?!"

The whole avalanche was more than enough to attract the attention of the raccoons this time. The supposed leader, more buff and more swole than the rest, is the one who has her eyes on them. Many of the other raccoons started closing in, and Chess tries and squirms to get himself out of the garbage heap to get into fighting stance.

"Humans!" says the raccoon.

Kipo, being rather close to the oncoming crowd of bandit-coated athlete attire wearing procyonids, laughs nervously. "Uh, hi. Sorry to...interrupt."

The group of Mutes went silent, but the front-most female seems to squeal at the implication of something. "They're going through our garbage!"

Other raccoons start chatting up a storm, sounding quite happy at the dilemma.

Chess blinked, mainly because that kind of detail was quite specific. Maybe it's...a raccoon thing.

Not only that, they look friendly enough. The colorful athlete wear and the sweatbands made them look less intimidating than threatening.

But Wolf didn't take that chance as she rushes whilst the procyonids approach. She thrusts forth her scorpion spear, to which the group reacts with immediate intimidation and fear of the pointed object. If anything, that's further proof that these raccoons are harmless...more or less.