[2] Flapjacks and Faded Memories

The journey back to the forest territory was peaceful, aside from the talking from the humans that intrigued him a little bit. Chess decided to stay in the crowd this time, next to the kennel. Reason why? He...finds humans a bit intriguing.

"Hey, just asking, but why does that Timbercat staring at us?"

Chess realized the purple-haired human was talking about him. He is indeed staring too much. His cheeks flushed as he looked away.

"Why do we have to answer to you?" Molly was also next to the cage kennel, keeping a personal eye on them.

"It's just...well...he looks different than the rest of you guys." Said the human.

Chess, started backing away.

"Hey, you just hurt his feelings!" Molly pointed out harshly.

"Sorry," the human apologized. "It's just that he's...thinner? He's less stocky like the rest of you guys."

Chess backed away some more.

"Hey! Quit it!"

"Sorry! I'll personally apologize if you want me to."

"Not happening. We're going to decide what we'll do with you." Said Molly.

"How about we eat them?" One Timbercat suggested.

"No no, let's just bat them around like yarn balls!" Another chimed in.

Soon enough all of the other Timbercats start arguing with one another. Chess didn't like what was going to happen, he always knew what happens whenever the Timbercats argue with one another. The group goes silent and said silence was tense. Each cat, even Chess himself, felt like someone was about to pounce on them. And at the moment, someone hollered:

"CATERBRAWL!!!"

Chess immediately wanted to bolt but he now realized that he was in the middle of the entire fight. Timbercats were all around him, fighting one another in the caterbrawl. Chess pushed away other cats that tried to swing at him, veering them out of the way as he tries to get out of the epicenter. It felt like minutes had passed but he managed to get himself out of the crowd.

Only to feel a force send him flying.

"BWAH!!"

His vision spun around before he felt something solid hit his back, stopping him painfully. He glanced to find it was a tree he crashed into, before a blur of speed passed through his vision. That's when he noticed. What bumped into him was their leader's personal pet flee, Pierre.

The flee was off his leash, bouncing around the branches and crashing into homes.

"Hey, are you all right?"

Chess looked up to find the human with purple eyes extending her hand to him. He accepted, pulling himself up and nodded.

"By the way, my name is Kipo." The human shook his paw, which confused him a bit as he looked down as their hands shook. "What's yours?"

"Uh..." Chess looked away. There was one way he could tell his name. In one of his plaid pockets, he pulled out a chess piece. A king piece, one which he carved.

Kipo took the chess piece and examined it closely. "So...your name is Chess?"

"Mmm." Chess nodded again.

Kipo gave the piece back to Chess. "That's some great craftsmanship Chess. But...what was that?"

Chess guessed she is referring to the giant flea that slammed into him. "Uh..." he wanted to answer, but no real words came out of his mouth. It's always like that for him.