Prologue

From FFn. Wrote this story three years ago. Sigh.

KHR was originally created by Amano Akira. I decided to put my own spin at the characters. Prepare yourselves.

--

~K27~

I could only smile.

There he was looking at his school shoes, his nose already sick of inhaling too much air. Awkwardly, his eyes finally found mine, and his lips finally found the words to say.

"K-kyoko-chan."

I could only smile at him, as I replied back.

"Tsuna-kun."

He at first doesn't answer. He rummages through his pant pocket, and finally fishes out a piece of paper.

I could only muster a quick giggle as he folds it open. Clearing his throat, he reads its contents.

"C-congratulations on graduating... uh... junior high I mean-uhmm... yeah- that's all." He laughs a nervous one.

"You too, Tsuna-kun." I answer, surprisingly finding my voice cracking. This was the Tsuna I remember from long ago, since we were children. The unchangeable Tsuna. I've always wanted to be friends with him. To be close to him like this and talk to him alone like now. Even now, as the sky's orange fades to black, and the streets slowly begins to glow he still remains the old Tsuna.

But I know I might not see this Tsuna again.

"Kyoko-chan?"

I look at him and could only smile. If I didn't, he wouldn't be smiling also.

"Yes, Tsuna-kun?" I then hand him from my bag the cakes I bought from the sweet shop we passed earlier.

"C-can we take a walk? Before I leave and all..." he doesn't look at me. He was once more looking at his shoes, and from there, I saw a shade of red. He holds the bag of cakes in one hand and stuffs his left hand in another. I trailed behind and walked.

"Time sure flies, doesn't it?" he says in a cheerful way, though there was a melancholic feeling to it. "Before we were simply middle schoolers and now we're already entering high school."

"Y-yeah. Things really happen so fast." I laugh, as the sky slowly dots up with stars, and the streets emit their own light.

He then pauses walking and then takes from my package a lemon-flavored cake and then hands me another. A bench was beside us. We then shared that seat, and began munching up the cakes.

"Look," says Tsuna, pointing at the sky. "Those stars shape like Lambo's head."

Sure enough, I also gaze at that direction. I smile. It really looked like Lambo-chan. The stars neatly arranged themselves in curls to resemble his head. There were his sparkling eyes, and that cute, slightly mischievous mouth. "It really does," I chuckle and then saw another set of stars. "That one looks like Reborn!"

He laughs also. "See that one? That looks more like I-pin."

"That looks like Hibird!"

"Hibari-san's bird?"

"Yeah. Isn't it cute?"

"U-huh. Oh look at that one! That looks like a baseball bat."

"That one seems like a cigarette!"

"Gokudera-kun's and Yamamoto-kun's!" Both of us squeal in unison as we look into each other before retreating under the stars.

"Everyone's... really leaving, right?" I ask finally, smiling at him. "Reborn-chan, Lambo-chan, I-pin-chan, Bianchi-san, Gokudera-san, Yamamoto-san, Hibari-san, Onii-chan... even..." I trail off. I didn't want to say you. I didn't want to make him worry about me.