Is this really Tsuna?!

I never thought that it'd be easy

Coz we're both so distant now

And the walls are closing in on us

And we're wondering how...

-'Down to Earth' by... who else?

I'm a fan of his songs. :D

~K27~

Rain replaced the sleet last week. Despite the fact that the new semester meant snow (and swapping of classes were common in this school). It meant simply that it was too hot to have snowflakes fluttering all over the place.

Yet why does it feel like I'm frozen in a block of ice?

I look at the person beside me and then covered my face entirely with my long hair. He looks really inferior to the old Tsuna-kun I had the courage to say 'hello' to. But this Tsuna-kun... he seems so unreachable. The way he moves himself... the way his mannerisms go, like looking at the area with so much alertness, and the way he puts his hands on his pockets... this cannot be him. No way.

"Is your brother at home?" He then asks in his deep, manly voice. The shock of it all makes me wonder if Tsuna-kun ever existed inside this person. He flashed me this grave look that burrowed deep into my eyes.

And if he really saw what I am feeling right now, he should perhaps tell me an assurance that I was all right.

None came. I immediately flash a weak, forced smile.

"Yeah, he's home." Waiting for me, not you.

I stop. He keeps on going. What was I talking about? This was definitely not me. Why would I give a rude reply in my head like that? This was not me at all. I did a check to keep myself from going nuts.

He doesn't even pause and look back to check me.

It felt really cold now.

I have to run to him to be by his side once more but from there, I kept a fair distance. I looked down and notice my slippers, blinking from the lights. It blinded me but also gave me a little reason to shed a few tears, which I wiped immediately. I wanted to go to the house NOW. I hated it here. I feel like I'm drowning and trying to cling onto something to survive.

But what if that thing you're clinging on left your side, leaving you to drown. What will you do? Die?

I laugh and silently wish that thing I was clinging on now didn't leave my side, yet.

He stops walking. I do too. He doesn't acknowledge me or anything, but makes a finger gesture to the right. I nod, yet he doesn't even return the favour.

"Onii-chan?" I call out at the dark house. "Onii-chan? Please open the door!" Yes, please. Please do open the door right now. I don't want to be here with S-sawada-san. Oh gawd, please open the door!

It felt as if onii-chan understood me. Suddenly, the house is flooded with lights. And I hear him saying my name...

"KYOKO-CHAN? OH, WITH SAWADA? WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO SAY AGAIN? OH YEAH... EXTREME!"

And just like that, he jumps from the open window and to our side.

I'm now wondering if the Vongola has a thing with jumping into windows.

"Did your date go well?" He winks at me, who immediately turns red. This Tsuna with onii-chan thinking everything went fine. This wasn't the situation I imagined to have by the time I returned. I would be at the resto, taking orders... and not dark out and walking with a smiling Tsuna-kun...