You didn't change that much

"Maybe"

(Sounds courtesy of pianist Yiruma)

If I act like Ms. Deadpan, then I might be able to pull this off.

"Had a nice sleep, Kyoko?" roared my brother, practically humming to himself despite the fact that he was disqualified for not riding with his partner Terumi ("EXTREMELY UGLY TO THE EXTREMELY UGLY HAG!") in the wee seconds of the race."It'll be a little rainy today so you better bring at least two umbrellas in case your friend Haru forgets to bring hers," he adds with a small addition of some action with it.

"Geez Onii-chan you sound just like an old man," I roll my eyes and continue to enjoy my job this morning as a dishwasher.

"I am old," is his weary reply as I hear him leafing through the pages of his textbook. "The finals are next week and we're taking it together. Time sure flies, doesn't it? You'll be eighteen soon. Then there's still the results of your college entrance exams..."

"P-please don't make me remember," I groan and add a little more of this and that. "It's bad enough that I can't choose between Tsuna-san and his Right arm already..."

"You've been blabbing about this since two nights ago! I am extremely on Sawada's side no matter how hard you'll make me."

Geez, Onii-chan's still as predictable as a rock.

"I'm not going to be on anybody's side," I huff tiredly and push my brother's plate into the sink's sea of soap. "I want to be a nun when I grow up."

"EXTREMELY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!" Onii-chan's chair fell with a big clatter. Yep, as expected.

"DON'T ORDER ME AROUND! I'M ALREADY AN ADULT!" I turn to face Onii-chan. I'm seething now. "i HAVE A RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHAT I WANT TO BE. JUST BECAUSE HE'S YOUR BOSS DOESN'T MEAN-"

"I'M CHOOSING BASED ON EXPERIENCE!"

"YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A GIRLFRIEND! H-E-L-L-O?" I add some cheerleading to the last word. "HOW WILL EVEN YOU KNOW?"

"Obviously, I'VE BEEN WITH THEM FOR TWO YEARS DAMMIT! THE OCTOPUS HEAD-"

"DON'T CALL HIM THAT!"

"IF YOU SAW WHAT HE'S LIKE WHEN HE LOSES IT YOU'LL DEFINITELY-"

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU I'M NOT GOING TO CHOOSE EITHER OF THEM," I say firmly, my hand shaking as it unconsciously begins to wash the plate again.

"I'm just warning you," Onii-chan conceded in the shouting match and merely places his hand on my shoulder. His eyes try to meet mine as he tells me this in a serious voice. "You already know that the Octopus Head's-

"I told you Onii-chan..."

"Then fineThat G-Gokudera's (okay, dear sister?) and Chrome's relationship fell apart because he's too preoccupied with work. She's just his punching bag when he gets home."

"Gokudera-kun's not like that!" I continue to deny.

"His Tenth is much more important to the extreme. If he has to choose between Tsuna and you, it'll be the Boss."

"He's willing to hit him in the face for my sake." I answer back curtly and slaps his hand aside. Seriously, I'm getting mad now.

"How will you know that it'll be his final decision? You can't trust him, Kyoko."

"And you expect me to trust your words? Gokudera-kun's different from then. He's just afraid of love, that's all." I turn my back on him and furiously begin to wipe the plates clean. "And he likes me a lot. He was scared at first but eventually he..."