Gokudera's decision

"Hold my Heart"

Does anybody know how to hold my heart?

Cause I don't wanna let go let go let go, off you

Is anybody listening?

Cause I'm crying.

Is anybody listening?

(WTF. I actually heard this on Gokudera-kun's mp3 player.)

~K27~

"Tenth."

Gokudera-kun was really agitated. He's just shaking violently now. I don't even try looking at Sawada. Everything... well...

"Do you remember the day we first met?" I glance up again. He's sounding like a girl now. He's saying something mushy and so not like Gokudera-kun... as usual.

Yamamoto squeezes my arm. He suddenly moves backward. He's looking down now, his eyebrows furrowed, as if pondering.

"What of it?" Now that guy wants to hog the spotlight again with that slightly deeper voice of his. He tries to move forward, his hand ready to land on Gokudera-kun's shoulder.

But Gokudera-kun backtracks, still trembling slightly. He forces a small smile as he tries looking away.

"I- I challenge the Tenth to a rematch."

WHAT?

Eff, I didn't expect this.

Before Sawada had the chance to process the developments, Gokudera-kun was already throwing something small straight at us. Yamamoto-kun caught it; it looked like a small ring with the Vongola crest engraved on it.

Even enemy #1 didn't see this coming. Before he utters a word, he looks at me biting his lip and then back at Gokudera-kun. The- the nerve of him! This is his entire fault in the first place! Gokudera-kun must be trying to get back at him in my place for making me cry or something like that.

I'm currently gaping like a goldfish.

His soon-to-be opponent doesn't answer. He doesn't look at me again,

"N-no rings or flames or bombs, Tenth. It'll be just an ordinary fight. P-please accept."

I face-palm. Gokudera-kun, you fail honestly. You're the one challenging someone! At least act a little intimidating!

Sawada looks at me again as if blaming me for this. Tch.

"Fine." I do not see his eyes anymore, as he also throws his mittens (mittens?) and another ring identical to Gokudera-kun's at Yamamot-kun's free hand.

"The one who KO's the other, wins." Gokudera-kun's no longer trembling now. His hands are latched to his sides, and he looks at the ground as he talked. My eyes are wide, and my mouth just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I don't understand. What's the reason of fighting Sawada? Even he looks like this doesn't make any sense. Gokudera-kun's going nuts.

There's no reason to act like this. Is there?

"Shall we begin?" Why is Sawada agreeing to this? What's the freaking point? He'll just own Gokudera-kun. I'm loathing him more and more now as the seconds tick by.

"Do you want to still watch, Kyoko-san?" Yamamoto-kun's voice seems faraway now. Everything's just so messed up. Can I find a sense of coherence to the pieces falling onto me?

But I nod, almost at the same time as Gokudera-kun does. And almost after he does, he nearly ducks from Sawada's fist which almost whammed ally #4 (I forgot what his number is now) in the face. Gokudera-kun attempts to grapple Sawada, but easily another fist of his Boss finds his stomach.