Stepping up my game

Please welcome the guy to speak in this piece.

~K27~

"The Man Who Can't Be Moved"

(It's a good thing there's no ruddy policeman to boss me around.)

Him.

It's a first that a cigar is absent from these lips.

Poof. I don't know what came into me, actually. Maybe it's because of the rain... it is rather foolish to get ahold of one and smoke while it's raining. Then again, there is this problem of me soaking from head to foot as I stand here in the middle of a downpour.

I didn't bring an umbrella; in my haste, I forgot that Reborn-san said there's going to be rain today. Yesterday was a shitty fluke. I did bring an umbrella yesterday, but I left it at home instead today.

I look out at the house and wait. It's already been three hours since the baseball freak called me and told me he can't come along because he had something to do. Well fuck, I don't give a damn with whatever he's doing even if it's his stupid 'presidential duties', so I quickly hung up and sped off here.

I can say I probably wasted my time waiting. I could have sped off to the nearest convenience store and bought one, but my cash is sufficient for one melon bread for lunch. I have my savings locked and tight in three banks. I only have ten thousand yen until graduation, and I don't want to waste my savings buying another umbrella.

"Well, well. Here comes the dog."

Tch. Friggin' hag. She's now beside me with a big, red umbrella over her big, fat head. Her locks grow so effin' slow. This makes me grin.

"Where's the Tenth?" I growl, now putting more of my attention back at the house.

"Oh, Tsuna-san said he had to do his roadwork and he let us go ahead," she bats her eyelashes like an idiot, one forefinger now stupidly pointing at her cheek with eyes looking up, acting like some kind of know-it-all.

I avert my eyes to the house, disgusted.

"How long were you waiting out here?" she asks after a minute. I am surprised she doesn't have any verbal insults to throw out today.

"Almost three hours," I reply indifferently.

"Hm. You're such a dog seriously, with that idiotic loyalty of yours. Haven't you realized you are sopping wet?" She then advances towards me, and I thought that she's going to slap me or do something stupid again.

Instead, my head sought shade from the umbrella, with a good few inches to prevent her arms to come into contact with me.

"Pfft. So you actually pity dogs." I snort.

"I am an animal rights activist in my spare time. Kyoko-chan won't like it too when she sees you waiting for three hours looking like shit," she says in a dignified sort of way.

Instead of saying something to counter her words I merely grin once she avoids my gaze, pouting now and occasionally making sideward glances and puffing like a goldfish. It was obvious she was lying.

"Besides," she adds now frowning as she looks at me determinedly. "I don't want someone sick like you to take shelter in Kyoko-chan's umbrella. No way, dude."

"You'd rather have me under the same roof than having me under another's? My, my, how selfless of you."

"IMO as her BFF, it's better if Tsuna-san is the one sharing her shade, not an extra like you."