New Mistakes Are Made

Just wanted to let everyone know just in case. If you are sensitive to using drugs as a way to cope, there will be a trigger warning later in this chapter. 

Happy reading!

-DA

—-------
It's been a week since El has been staying with Caroline. And about four days since Caroline brought Dasher over knowing that El wouldn't have survived more than three days without her pup.

Yet even with Dasher there, Care could see the dark rings under the witch's eyes. They seemed to get darker as days passed, and the blonde was getting worried for her. But, El would dodge the topic, not wanting to discuss the nightmares. So Caroline dropped the topic for now and went on deciding on what dress she should wear to the founder's party.

"Yellow or blue?" Caroline held up the dresses to her body, while El laid on the bed writing in her grimoire, Dasher laying his head on her back.

El peaked up to see. "Which one do you want to wear?"

"I like the yellow." The blonde said after a minute.

"Then wear the yellow." The brunette gave a half shrug, going back to writing.

Caroline turned around and glared at her friend. "You're supposed to tell me which one looks better."

"You look pretty in everything, Princess." The nickname came out like second nature. "Besides, we're going stag right? The only person's opinion on that dress should matter is yours."

"Actually," The blonde’s eyes shifted down. "I was thinking since neither of us have dates…maybe we could…" Her face had a hint of rose to it. "go together, be each other's date."

"Oh!" The witch said, her brows jumping upwards in surprise. "I uh, yeah. Sure, I would love to be your date." El's cheeks were now matching Caroline’s. 

Said blonde lip's broke out into a shy smile as she pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "Great! I mean good, it's good." Caroline cleared her throat. "So blue or yellow?"

"Yellow." El gulped quietly. "Yellow is good."

The two stared at one another for a few seconds, but broke when they heard El's phone go off. Knowing he had to move, Dasher lifted his head off El when she sat up and reached for her phone. 

The witch flipped her phone open to see a text from Jeremy. -Jenna 👀 for f.p stuff were?-

El felt she was having a stroke trying to interpret whatever her little brother said. After coming to the conclusion on what he was trying to say, she was pissed about two things. One - Jenna didn’t have the guts to text her herself, and two- Jeremy still has not apologized about the almost stabbing incident.

Caroline, still facing the mirror, saw El pull a face at her phone. “What’s wrong?”

“Jeremy texted.” The brunette told her. “Jenna wants to know where the stuff is for the Founder’s Party that Mrs. Lockwood wants.”

“You mean she didn’t just text you herself?” Care scoffed, her anger at Jenna jumping to a new level.

“Yep.” El kept looking at her phone.

“And then Jeremy texted you, not even apologizing for what could’ve happened at the game if you weren't trained to be some sort of magic ninja.” She was ranting now, not liking how El’s family was treating her. “I mean, it’s been a week! You would think they would muster up the courage to say ‘We’re sorry El. We realize you were just trying to protect us. We love you, please come home!’” Dasher snorted in agreement with what Caroline said.