Advice From a Very Old Witch

The two talked up till three o'clock in the morning. Stefan, seeing Elena falling asleep told her goodnight before leaving. Elena bid him goodbye, walking back into the house with her pup following. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she was out. But, it seemed like she didn't sleep at all. She sat up, rubbing her eyes confused.

"You certainly have been busy."

Those words made the doppelganger roll her eyes. "Yes, hello Tessa. I'm good. How are you?"

"You'd think you have more respect for the person teaching you magic?" Tessa set Elena's grimoire down, while sitting on the ledge of the bay window.

"You'd think the two-thousand year old witch would know manners?" Elena raised an eyebrow. The two stared at each other, before smiles slowly stretched over their lips. Elena walked over, pulling her into a hug. A hug that the mentor returned. "I missed you."

"I missed you, little warrior." She pulled away, patting to the seat next to her. "Now, tell me what in your right mind made you flirt with my used-to-be finance's shadow-self?"

She grimaced, already knowing where this conversation was going. "I don't know." Elena sighed as she sat down. "No guy has ever looked at me like that before, it was nice. He was nice."

Elena leaned her head on the older witch's shoulder, as Tessa began to speak. "Every girl wishes for someone to look at her like she's the only star in the sky, Jamie Parker." She then started playing with the dopplegangers hair. "But, you already suspected what it really is, didn't you?"

"Yeah." She sighed, not wanting it to be true. "I just didn't think the curse would affect me, seeing I wasn't born in this body." The body snatcher gestured to herself.

"I have watched dozens of you and him fall in love. The universe will always be pulling you two together." Qetsiyah told her. "I don't think it matters if that is your true body or not."

"Is there any way to break it?"

"End it before it even begins."