The Burning of Bridges

It's been a few days since the funeral. Jamie, now in Elena's body was walking in the woods around the town towards Wickery Bridge with a backpack filled with lighter fluid, matches, a shovel and an old hatchet she found in the garage.

Elena took her water and guzzled it down when she finally reached the bridge. She huffed out a few breaths and sat the backpack down to pull out the hatchet. 

The doppleganger didn't want to store a white oak stake where no one could find it, for she didn't want any harm to come to The Original family. But, she couldn't risk it with Mikael still desiccating in some tomb. So with a heavy heart, she started whacking at the sign with all her strength.

After a few tiring minutes, the sign split in half. Elena took the top half of the sign breaking off the part that says "Wickery Bridge" and stored the top half in her backpack.

While she was done putting the wood in her backpack, Elena then grabbed the shovel and began digging at the roots of the sign to burn with the bridge.

After she was successful the 5"7' brunette threw the wood onto the bridge and brought over the lighter fluid and matches. She took a second to consider what she was planning.

Being a body snatching doppleganger is one thing, but becoming an arsonist? What has she become in a such a short amount of time?

Shaking the thought from her head, she opend the lighter fluid and began dumping it all over the bridge. After she was done, Elena put the fluid back into the backpack and opened the matches. And without another thought, she lit it and threw it onto the bridge. Enveloping it in flames.

Elena knew she didn't have much time, so she ran. Ran as far as she could hoping she wouldn't get caught.

If worst come to shove, she can blame it on her "grief".