The Gilbert's Funeral

May 30th, 2009. A Saturday. A normal, nothing out of the ordinary Saturday. At least, for the people who didn't live in Mystic Falls. It was the day of Miranda and Grayson Gilbert's funeral.

Jamie, now know as Elena, glanced at herself in the mirror that sat on the dresser. She was dressed in all black, fitting for a supposed grieving daughter. As she starred, she still couldn't believe what happened only a week ago, or will happen in eleven years. Time travel is confusing after all.

Jamie felt fake, like an impostor. And in reality, she really was. But, before she went farther down that rabbit hole. The sound of her fur baby in her head broke the thought. "Mama, okay?"

She turned around to see Dasher laying on her, Elena's bed in a black bowtie. Jamie ran her fingers threw his fur. "I'm fine buddy. Come on, we don't wanna be late."

So, the two walked down the stairs. Meeting up with Jenna and Jeremy. They each held grim expressions and tears already threatening to spill.

The three humans and one dog decided to walk, knowing how Elena, Jamie didn't like to be in cars. Or at least they thought she did, and she wasn't gonna correct them anytime soon.

When they reached the ceremony, what seemed like the hole town was already there. Hours went by, and now the only people that stood at the grave stones were the family of the fallen. Jenna, Jeremy, John, Elena, and Dasher.

No-one said a word. All to busy grieving for two people instead of three. Jamie, then had a thought. One single thought that overpowered all others. She was going to make sure that the rest Elena's family would not be caught in the crossfire that is the doppleganger drama.

So, she grabbed Dasher's leash a little tighter and held her head a little higher. And you can bet, she was going to win the war that was to come.

------------

Hey! Sorry if it was a little confusing about the whole Jamie and Elena bit. It just felt right to use both names to well, name her.

Sorry again if it was confusing.

-DA