Canon Has Begun

Running. 

All she seemed to know is how to run. She focused on the breath in her lunges, the pressure from each step in her legs. But, no matter how much she wanted to stop. She mustn’t. 

Well, that was until she got to her backyard gate. She looked down at her watch, 6:37am. Enough to take a shower and get ready for the first day of Junior year. Something Elena never thought she would say every again. She opens the gate, letting Dasher to walk through first. As he passed, she patted his head. 

Elena walked into the kitchen to see Jenna sitting on the couch in her PJ’s still. “Shouldn’t you be getting ready?” She filled the kettle with water, before putting it on the stove.

Jenna looked over the couch. “Should and want are completely different things.”

The teenager just shrugged. “Fair enough.” She began walking up stairs, before shouting. “Don’t forget your vervain!”

----------

A little more than half an hour later, Elena came down to see Jenna at the fridge trying to find something to eat. “Toast. I can make toast.”

Elena gave her a smile. “I’m just gonna have my smoothie, Jenna.” I pulled the door to the freezer door, pulling out my frozen mangos. While jenna handed me the milk. 

Jemery walked in, since he could smell the coffee. “Is there coffee?” He petted Dasher as he walked past him. 

Jenna then began stuffing all her things into her bag. “Your first day of school and I’m totally unprepared.” 

Elena snickered. “Maybe If you got ready when I told you.” She trailed off the sentence, teasingly.

“Oh, har har.” She then held out a couple bucks to the teenagers. “Lunch money?” They both grabbed the money. Only one said thank you. “Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?”

“Your presentation.” The doppelganger witch told her guardian, not bothering to look at her as she began making her smoothie.

She checked her watch. “I’m meeting with my thesis advisor at? Now. Crap!”

“Go!” Elena shooed her aunt towards the door. “We’ll be fine, remember.”

The strawberry blonde just nodded, before rushing out the door. Only saying one thing. “Don’t forget your vervain!”

Elena muttered under her breath, while smiling. “Unbelievable.” Before turning to her baby brother shoving her newly made smoothie into her bag. Grabbing her keys off the counter. “Ready?” 

He just grunted, walking towards the garage. Elena ran her hand through her hair. Things between her and Jermey have been a little rough since she told Jenna he was smoking weed. Even though he thought the witch thing was cool, it wasn’t cool enough to save her from the silent treatment.

“You okay?” She tried to start a conversation, but he just shot it down.

“Don’t start.” He told her while grabbing his helmet that she makes him wear, getting on the back seat of the electric scooter. 

“Tough crowd.” She muttered to herself.

----------

They pulled into the school parking lot. And when they did, let’s just say, people were not minding their own business. Jermey took off his helmet, trying to get as far from his sister as he possibly could. However, that plan failed when she grabbed his arm. “Look, I’m not gonna tell you not to do drugs, since I know for sure you’re not gonna listen. Just, don’t do it before or during school. Please?” Jermey Gilbert just rolled his eyes, reluctantly agreeing to her statement. But, just before he could walk away again, she pulled him back once more. “Do you have everything for the mosquitoes?”