Introduction

Timilehin

I make my way downstairs amongst the rowdy corridors where teachers were busy coordinating and organizing the junior students.

I quickly rush to the tuck shop before all the snacks are sold out, a bunch of students from another school sneer at me, they're clad in a red blazer and bottom combo with white shirts that are perfectly starched.

Arrogant assholes.

The girls from the school whisper and stare at me condescendingly while some of the boys ogle me, I suddenly feel self conscious and pull my blazer tight, the girls snicker and continue whispering, not acknowledging the sales woman, Mrs Maria until she yells at them, they finally pay her and sashay out of the shop

I purchase a bottle of bright red soda and make my way outside, not before someone from the group of girls 'accidentally' kicks my leg.

'Why the hell would you kick me' I yell to the group of girls, dusting my now smudged white socks.

'It was by mistake ah' one of them offers as a rebuttal, I turn away and sigh.

These people sha.

'You shouldn't mind anything they do' interjects a tall fair guy, he stretches out his hand to introduce himself.

'John Nwadike, nice to meet you, I'm from BHC' he states with a smirk.

I'd heard of the school, it was known for their cream of the crop students that indulged in questionable activities.

'Timilehin Adenuga' I reply refusing to take his hand, he finally drops it and shakes his head.

'I knew St Reginald students were snobs, but this is another level' he laughs.

'It's nothing personal, I don't just like physical contact' I say laughing with him 'And no, Reginald students aren't proud, people from other schools don't just like us' I add.

'That's not true, you guys always keep to yourselves' he says taking a gulp of his drink.

'That doesn't mean we're proud' I scoff.

'Sureee' he says finally disposing his empty soda bottle into a bin and flashing me a dimpled smile.

I couldn't help but smile back.