Farouk

Tomisan

Weeks had passed by after Timi and I hung out, we started going to places more, especially that Tfc chain, the waiter Mike had dubbed us husband and wife.

I could only wish.

She was an only child, her brother had died before she was born due to him being a sickler and she lived with her mum as her dad was a general in the army and was based in Abuja.

The day was looking to be great, Timi had asked to hang out and I couldn't wait to return from school, we had lessons for waec so I wouldn't be home till around 6.

I avoided John like my life depended on it, he'd gotten his "revenge" on me that day by making the whole football team do extra laps and blaming it on me, but I really didn't care.

Malik wasn't angry at me anymore, he understood why I hadn't done anything but was very angry at John and rightfully so. I'd told him not to do anything to John as that would worsen things, so he didn't.

'See you at training' John called out to a short brown skin boy as he approached me.

Fuck.

I tried to duck into the gym but Emirem blocked my way.

'Are you guys obsessed with me or something?'

'Who have you told about what happened?' John asks.

'No one but Malik, just remember that everyday for the thief one day for the owner' I say.

John laughs, cackles more like it.

'If you do end up saying anything, nothing will happen to me, my dad will always protect me, but here's something to shut you up' he says counting some naira wads from his wallet.

'What do you take me for?' I ask quizzically.

'I literally have a car of my own, what am I using your measly 10k for?' I ask bewildered.

I wasn't arrogant or anything but I knew my parents wealth.

'I forget say you be confirm, send aza, I go wire you 20'

'Rest, I don't want'

'30k' he says.

'I'm not interested please let me go abeg' I huff.

'50k?' he asks.

'I no dey do o boy, let me have my break'

'Fine, but if I hear from anyones mouth, your own go finish'

'If you say so' I reply rolling my eyes.

'Now let me go' I say walking towards the cafeteria doors.

I had been in school for hours, I was loosing my mind, I was really tired, I was hiding out in the boys toilet, I take out my phone from my bag, there was a text from Timi.

Timi❤️
Aren't you back yet?

You
Na, I had lessons, haven't you started.

Timi❤️
Oh I haven't fully gone back yet.

You
I thought you were supposed to resume today?

Timi❤️
I was but I threw up.

You
Oh, I hope you get better.
I'll see you soon.

Can't wait (heart emoji) she texts back.

Ily I type out.

It's too early.

The heart face was better.

I turn of my phone as I hear someone speak.

'Oh it's the f*g, probably looking for someone to spy on' the voice says chuckling.

I peer out the stall I'm in. It was John, he was talking to a boy washing some paint brushes, his name was Farouk, he was in art class and was the best artist at school.

'I didn't do anything to you, just leave me alone' he mumbles.

'I can't believe you're gay, why would anyone be gay when nyash exists' he says mockingly.

I had finally had enough, I walked out of the stall I was in. 'Jesus Christ just leave him alone you weirdo, what's your business with his sexuality?' I ask rolling my eyes.

'So you're also gay?' He asks mockingly.

'I'm not, but if I was, what's the problem' I say looking down at him, I was taller than John, the only reason I didn't usually pick fights with him was Emirem.

Confirm Warri boy, 10 akpu a day, he was usually teased, Emirem had the strength of an elephant and I honestly didn't want to throw hands with him.

'Whatever' John says finally leaving the toilet. Farouk was still at the sink washing his brushes.

'Thank you for helping me, no one usually stands up to him for me' he says looking up at me.

'No problem at all, I have a question tho, no offense but are you actually queer?' I ask.

'Yes' he answers shakily.

'Calm' I reply.

He nods and I leave the toilet. I felt bad for him, that he lived in a country that didn't accept him and let him be himself.

After lesson, I bump into Malik on my way to the parking lot where my driver awaited me.

'You're taking me home, I hope you know?' he says dryly.

'After years of not talking to me' I smirk.

'It was just a week' he replies rolling his eyes.

'Sorry' I apologize.

'It's not me you're supposed to be apologizing to, it's her' I scratch my head and push the revolving doors leading into the driveway.

'I know' I sigh.

'God you're so stupid' he says shaking his head.

I try to locate the black Range Rover that I was usually picked up in but I don't find it, a bald fair guy waves to me, it was uncle Samuel our second driver, That only meant one thing;

My dad was home.

Hell yes.

AN: This one's a bit longer, I hope you enjoy it.