Timilehin

I stare at my face in the mirror, red sunken eyes and parched lips.

Tomi's voice is the only thing that is keeping me sane, it's deep and warm like honey and he says to call him anytime I have a panic attack, he's genuinely such a beautiful person.

He had asked if I wanted to meet up at a fast food restaurant nearby to which I agreed after much consideration.

We met at a Tfc chain not too far from my house, Tomi was still in his school uniform, his tie off and sleeves rolled, he had ordered some food before I arrived.

'You look lovely' he says smiling. I stare at my old blue sweater I had stolen from my dad.

'Thanks' I reply almost blushing.

'Let's eat' he smiles.

I can't help but stare at him, his hands are large, his fingers long, skinny and adorned with perfectly manicured fingernails.

He had a slender build with lean muscles, he was tall, I knew because his legs brushed mine from under the table several times.

I hadn't been able to hold down food since what happened, I also had so many questions about what happened that afternoon.

'What are you thinking about' he asks looking at me with his perfect light brown eyes.

'How'd you know where I was and what happened?' I ask him narrowing my eyes.

'Well....' he starts, looking away from me.

'Erm a teacher had asked me to look for you' he answers looking away.

'Oh'

I hadn't been to school since what happened, my English teacher. Mr Augustine would be so angry.

'Who won the debate?'

'Your school actually' he states with a slight smirk.

'Who replaced me' I ask tentatively.

If it was Zainab.

'Some girl, I can't really remember her name' he says taking a drink of his water.

'Zainab?' I ask.

'I honestly have no idea, but she was fair I think'

That witch.

'Fuck' I say out loud, I wasn't going to hear the last of it.

'Oh, so you don't like her?' he asks taking a bite of his salad.

'She's the devil reincarnated, my tormentor since day one at St Richards, she had made my life a living hell, in Jss 1 she had spread a rumor about me having body odor' I say taking a pause. 'And then dropped my notes into the toilet every day from that day until I changed it for her at the beginning of jss 3, she'd dropped my agric note into the toilet a day before our junior waec and I'd lost it and baptized her with toilet water and beat her up, everyone in the girls toilet had stared at me and didn't dare to test me since that day' I say with a slick smile.

'I'm lowkey scared of you' he says chuckling. 'You're crazy'

'I am' I reply with a satisfied smile.

He studies my face, and I suddenly feel self conscious, I frown a bit.

'What's wrong?' He asks concerned .

'What are you trying to do?'

'Trying to do how?'

'Like I have no idea who you are and you helped me and now you're here buying me food' I mumble out. I realized how ridiculous I sounded but I still wanted answers.

'Jesus, were you a detective in your past life? I saw you on the floor in need of help and I helped, I'm just trying to be your friend, someone you can talk to' he replies frustratedly.

I stare at my plate nervously, I wanted to trust him but I just couldn't.

I sigh.

'Fine, if you say so'

'I do say so, I would never do anything to hurt you' he says grabbing my hand.

I recoil, moving the table as my plate falls down and breaks, more than half of the restaurant turn to look in our direction and I want to die.

A waiter comes over with a broom and stares at us disapprovingly, I feel stupid and all I want to do is cry, I look over at Tomisan's face and instead of looking pissed he seemed sympathetic.

'Let's get you home' he says picking up his blazer.

This one sha.

'I can go home myself' I huff walking towards the door.

I walk straight out of the building and across the car park, almost getting hit by a Range Rover trying to exit.

Bastard.

The man driving swears at me in Yoruba and I stretch out my palm at him, 'God will punish you' I yell.

He gets angry and is about to come down from his car, But Tomi immediately rushes over, 'Oga abeg no vex' he pleads before practically dragging me to his shiny black Audi.

'Why do you like wahala like this?' he asks annoyed.

I hiss at him and he unlocks his car.

'Wait you can drive?' I ask as I settle into the cushioned passenger's seat.

'Yes' he answers laughing.

'Hope you won't kill us?' I ask as he starts the engine.

'I'll try not to' he answers with a mischievous smile.