Danfo Bistro

Tomisan

My name was called on the loud speaker again. It was Miss Rose's voice.

Which kind of wahala is this one.

The girls in the class giggle, 'What have you done this time?' Malik hisses at me.

I roll my eyes and stand up, I was in the middle of goddamn geography class, why was I needed?

I take permission from the class teacher Mr Tristan. I walk through the winding air conditioned corridors, my legs were starting to hurt as I finally made it to the ground floor.

I was annoyed, and Miss Rose cackles when she sees my expatiated expression.

'Oh, how I love matchmaking' she says clapping and popping her gum.

'You're still single right?' she asks referring to me. 'Or are you back with Sarah?' she asks her eyes narrowed.

I approach the birch table she was seated at and I see Timilehin, legs crossed and an annoyed expression.

What could she be doing here?

She stands up and glares at me while I stare at her gorgeous eyes and wonder how someone could be so perfect.

'I hate to interrupt you love birds' Miss Rose says wiggling her eyebrows, 'But I'd like you to show our newest student around'

What? Newest student?

'Now?' I ask.

'No, next tomorrow' Timilehin answers sardonically rolling her eyes. I hadn't realized how much I missed her, she hadn't been picking my calls and or answering my texts.

We both leave the front office and
She starts walking in the direction of 10th years.

'Wow, I didn't know you were in ss1' I tease.

She hisses and follows me in the direction I'm heading.

'I'm sorry about standing you up' I say sincerely.

'Do you know how long I- ?' she stops.

'You know what? It's not a big deal' she continues mostly to herself.

'Just bash' she adds.

'I'm sorry, My dad came home and I lost track of time' I say pleadingly.

'Can I make it up to you?' I ask.

She rolls her eyes.

'I'll take you out to somewhere nice'

'Where?' she asks her interest piqued.

'Danfo Bistro, my dad is eating there this afternoon, anything you want on him'

She rolls her eyes, 'Fine I forgive you'

She starts to walk away and I glance to her butt.

Word of God.

I mentally slap myself.

'Let's go now' I say running after her.

'Now?' she asks puzzled, 'You want me to skip on my first day?' she asks dumbfounded.

'Yes' I smirk.

'Please' I add, softening my gaze.

'Ughhh, I'll go with you, but if I get caught, you're done for'

'You can't get caught' I smile, this day was looking to be great.

I make a turn out of the estate in which my school was situated. 5k had made the security man cave and open the gate for my car to leave.

I hadn't driven on actual main road in a while and I felt a bit nervous, I tried to do the one hand on the steering wheel thing to impress Timi but gripped the wheel with both of my hands as I was overtaken by a Benz truck.

'Bro calm down' she chuckles.

I glance over at her and I smile, more like blush.

Her brown face shone under the sunlight, everything about her stirred something in my stomach.

We finally arrive at our destination, and when I'm done parking and we both step out of the car, the security man looks us up and down eyeing the logo on my school uniform suspiciously.

'Yes how can I help you?' He asks hastily.

I introduce myself as Tomisan Ademola and his tone immediately changes as he opens the glass door immediately, apologizing.

We step into the air conditioned building it had high rise ceilings and exquisite lighting, I definitely needed to update my insta.

The usher takes us to a table where my dad is seated when I hear a shout,

'Why do they get to sit without a reservation?, I've been waiting here for hours just to sit down!' the man yells.

'If you keep on causing a ruckus, we'll have to ban you from this establishment' the usher says.

'Ruckus' Timi snorts under her breath.

I couldn't help but laugh with her.

'Hi dad' I say taking a seat.

He looks up from his phone, 'Tomi, what are you doing here? It's just 1, school can't be over yet' he states, looking at me suspiciously.

'Erm I-' I stammer.

He laughs, 'I hope you don't do this every day?' he asks, 'Unless I'll seize your car'

'Ah! Wait it's just because you're around nothing more' I stutter and Timi laughs, it's music to my ears.

'Won't you introduce your friend to me?' my dad asks, staring at Timi curiously.

'Oh sorry this is my friend Timilehin' I say and she shakes his hand.

'Nice to meet you sir' she says.

My dad winks at me and I shoot him a stare.

I pick up an intricately designed menu with a black trim and stare at its contents. My dad waves the waiter over.

I opt for the seafood stir fry pasta and so does Timi.

As I drive back to school, She explains that her dad was dating Malik's mom and they live in the same house.

'Um, Malik's mom is dead, that's his sister' I say.

'Oh' she says sheepishly.

'He's fine now, just don't bring it up'

We go to pick Malik up from school, so we could to my house for round two of the food.

A/N: Okay so I want to do this thing where I put other peoples pov, and I hope you're enjoying the book so far.