39

Mekai

"Who's Anna?" I questioned Melo with a stiff mug on my face.

Melo fidgeted anxiously with his fingers, unwilling to look at me.

"I don't know who you're talking about kai," He muttered not giving me eye contact.

"You're one bold lying ass nigga Lamelo, then why she under all your pics?" I semi-yelled showing him his instagram page.

Melo was currently dragging me out of character. I was never one who'd get worked up over a man.

I waited for an answer, but all he did was stare at me, perplexed. I gave him a long glare before chuckling.

"I'm never gonna be good enough for you huh?" I continued laughing.

He stared at me confused and scared, not knowing what to expect next. You're probably wondering why I'm acting like this just because of comments under a post, I mean he is an athlete right? Very much wrong, a random email address sent me pictures of Melo and Ana coming out of a weird spot.

"Baby just let me-" Melo started talking before I cut him off.

"Let you what? let you lie?"

"Save the shit Lamelo, I've been nothing but loyal and supportive to you. Picked up my entire life and moved to Charlotte at the age of 20 just to support your dreams, your career! This is how you repay me?" I spoke silently fighting the urge to cry.

"Baby please," Melo whimpered trying to touch me.

"Leave Lamelo."

He stared at me once more making zero movement.

"Stop looking at me like you dropped your fucking ice cream cone at an amusement park, you wanna be with whores, then go to the whore's house!" I snapped.

"I didn't have sex with her Mekai, I swear on everything."

"Then why were you there?" I asked irritated.

He stood silent once more.

"We ain't playing silent library, speak up bitch," I rolled my eyes.

"I know you mad but you ain't gotta call me a bitch," He spoke back irritated.

I remained silent and waited for him to answer my question.

"She only gave me head, I didn't kiss her or sleep with her nothing."

"Get out," I pointed to the door.

"Mekai please," He pleaded trying to grab my arm again.

I forcefully pulled away and went to a guest room and locked it.

"I will be come out of here when you and your stuff are gone," I yelled out.

I heard shuffling from the house meaning that Lamelo was packing his stuff. I really didn't know what was the move from here. I am truly inlove with this man, and I'll probably forever have love for him, but I just can't take the disrespect for the second time around. I try to be everything that he needs, yet he leaves me feeling half ass.

"Kai um, I just want you to listen for a bit," I heard Melo declared from the other side of the door.

"You're perfect. I wish there was a way to turn back time to the point where I had to choose between being faithful and undermining your trust. You've exceeded my expectations as a partner and I truly want to spend the rest of my life with you. Regardless of what I've done, my heart still aches for only you. I've been so oblivious to the fact that I already have the greatest life has to offer. I'm truly sorry for the pain I've caused you shawty, it was never my mission to hurt our relationship. I hope you can forgive me Mekai. I love you," He let out a faint sniffle as he walked away from the door.

All of the tears I had been holding back began to flood at the same time.

I felt worthless, and to make matters worse, I had no one to turn to for support. It was pointless to tell my mother; we all know how that went the last time. I genuinely wish I had a best friend during times like these.

"You are the strongest woman you know Mekai, don't let that lightskin kumala and savesta mf put you down," I attempted to remind myself.

I had no energy to get up. I felt lifeless.

This was just the start of a long road to healing.