40

One month later

Mekai

It's incredible how much can change in a month's time. Of course, I was not over Lamelo, but I must admit that the process has been life-changing for me. Now and again I'd come across posts of Melo out clubbing. He didn't seem to be handling the breakup well, but there ain't no way I'm going to sit and feel sorry for the one that put us in the situation in the first place.

He'd try to drunk text and call me every time he'd go out, bombarding me with apology texts and flowers the next day. Our families eventually learned about the breakup not too long ago, and as expected, my mom wanted me to just forgive him. Lavar and Tina were more understanding and repeatedly apologized for dragging me into Melo's mess.

Honestly, if I had the choice of going through with the arranged marriage, I'd still do it. These past years that I've spent with Lamelo have been nothing short of extraordinary. Everything that has transpired has brought me to this point, a point that is heading to inner peace.

Life is great for me. I'm literally THAT girl.

However, I've been feeling occasionally sick, but I overlook it, scared that it might be another cancer-related sign.

I was watching reruns of Martin when I got an Instagram notification.

theanthonyedwards_ requested to follow you

I sat up quickly and tapped the notification. How did he even find my page? My page was semi-private, after people started recognizing me I placed my page on private.

Does he know that Melo and I aren't together? Most likely not.

I accepted his follow request and followed him back.

He wasted no time in liking two of my pictures. I liked one back in return, not trying to send across the wrong message.

I put down my phone to continue watching my show just to hear it ding again.

theanthonyedwards_ : 👀

"Boy ain't no way boy," I laughed to myself trying to imitate Duke Dennis.

I stared at my phone for a while wondering if I should respond. I mean, me and Melo ain't together right, but yet it felt so wrong.

After much contemplating, I gave in. I replied back with the same eyes emoji.

theanthonyedwards_ : you ain't with Ball no more then?

Damn, he cut straight to the point. Well he is known for being blunt.

mekaiamari: no.

theanthonyedwards_ : shiii, that's all I needed to hear

theanthonyedwards_ : lemme take you out and explain to you why I should've won rookie of the year

BRO WHAT LMAO.

mekaiamari: you wildin rn💀

mekaiamari:  i'll consider your offer, thank you

theanthonyedwards_ : girl you acting like I just offered you a new job or some shit

theanthonyedwards_ : but just let me know before the game there next week shawty

I replied back and closed my phone. I don't know if I'm ready to go out on a date yet. Technically, I'm still married. I sound stupid asf right now, I know.

I did several chores around the house before relaxing once again. I took some cute pictures the day before and I finally decided to post them.

melo commented "her 💕" on your post

I rolled my eyes at the notification. Why would he do that? What was the reason?

theanthonyedwards_ commented "aight I saw it, take it down now" on your post

Nah, he wilding fr lmao.

I replied back to Ant and took a nap. And yes, as you can tell, without Melo I barely did anything exciting.

I woke up due to a weird feeling of having someone watching me.

I opened my eyes just to have my heart sink to my ass. Lamelo was standing in front of me like the damn 🕴emoji.

"Lamelo tf you doing hear watching me like a serial killer, i almost pooped myself," I stood up mad as hell.

Lamelo stared at me for a while before bursting out into laughter.

"I came here mad but your reaction got me dead asf dawg," He continued laughing holding his stomach.

I stared at him blanket, trying to hold on the laughter that was eagerly trying to escape.

Melo regained his seriousness and finally spoke up.

"Wassup with you and Anthony Edwards?"

"Nothing," I responded nonchalantly.

"Then why he all up under your pics trying to have e-sex?" He rolled his eyes.

"His comment wasn't even anything like that," I rolled my eyes back.

This nigga delusional asf.

"Better not be Kai, i'll fuck him up over you , on the court and off, don't play cause i'll fuck you up differently after too," He said roughly giving mf intense eye contact.

I crossed my legs and looked away from him.

"You cheated on me, im a free woman."

"You'll never be free, you're mine forever Mekai," He grabbed my face and kissed me passionately .

One thing led to the other and next thing you know, Melo's naked body was snoring beside me. I gently slid out of his embrace and went about my regular business.

If he thinks dick gon get me back, in words of Dr. Umar, he needs a psychological evaluation.