41

mekai

A whirlwind of emotions surged through my soul for an entire year since I last laid my eyes on Lamelo. It seemed like time had conspired against us, leaving us stranded in silence. He gave up on me, he gave up on us.

I left Charlotte in hopes of taking a short break from the memories that haunted me there. A month, turned to two, and two months turned to a year. One year since I've left everything behind, including Melo

In my delulu mind, I daydreamed about him arriving at any moment, confessing how he craved my presence, just as intensely as I yearned for him. I thought he was Chrisean crazy about me.

But, that day never came.

I moved back to Chino Hills and got a small apartment. Life was great I guess. Finished school, great job, nice apartment, but I still felt incomplete.

As for Melo, he moved on. I had to deactivate my instagram after seeing the constant reminders of him and his new model auntie, I mean girlfriend.

Not going to lie, the first time I saw the rumors I was sliding down my wall with a cigarette and usher playing in the background. As time passed by I began to accept the reality that I chose.

I tried dating, and it's safe to say i'm never trying that shit again. When I saw the whole Ana and Melo news, I attempted to take Anthony seriously. It was good for a while until his competitive nature became a problem. Like why are you racing me to the bathroom? Can a hoe shit in peace, damn!

With that I began sticking to myself again. Most days were okay, but I did miss him.

Today I had a solo date planned. I was treating myself to pasta because unlike Kali, I had no one on my roster to feed me pasta and lobster. I didn't even have a roster to begin with.

I decided on a cute but simple outfit. Even though I was getting an okay amount of money every month, I still wore Shein. And best believe the outfits still ate.

I used self timer and took a quick pic for the gran.

Liked by zo, gelo and 106 others

mekaiamari: today.
72 comments
zo lil sis ❤️

I clicked on my road playlist and Sza blasted through my speakers. For some reason I know i'd end up listening to Drake, it's like he goes into my playlist and adds his songs himself.

Within thirty minutes I was at my destination. I decided on a lowkey casual spot. Somewhere where I wouldn't be bombarded with 'Melo's ex' comments.

I greeted everyone in the restaurant with a smile on my face as I made my way to my table. I sat there and took out my phone and scrolled on Instagram for a minute. I looked up and noticed the waiter approaching with a wide smile.

Tall and dark with locs, you know what big sexy said! I was trynna find out if they do it the best fr.

He took my order and kept it professional. Bummer.

I scrolled on tiktok while i waited for my food. Some people felt awkward eating alone, but it became something that I found joy in.

My food arrived just as I caught a glimpse of Melo entering the restaurant. Our eyes briefly met, creating a momentary pause. Talk about perfect timing.

I looked away instantly after breaking the daze. I silently hoped that he wouldn't make his way over. I had nothing to say to him.

I turned my attention back to my food before I was interrupted.

"Mekai?" The voice, all too familiar, resonated through the air, causing me to look up from my food.

There he stood, a figure from my past, his presence unraveling memories that had been neatly tucked away. Melo, with an expression that hinted at surprise, locked eyes with mine.

"Lamelo?" I answered back mirroring his tone.

The seconds stretched, and I waited for a response, but he remained silent. The unspoken tension wrapped around us, carrying the weight of untold stories and unresolved emotions.

I silently laughed and rolled my eyes.

"We in silent library again?" I chuckled breaking the awkward silence.

He let out a soft chuckle and scratched his head.

"We should talk."

————————————————————————

omg hi guys it's been to long! honestly, i outgrew this book, but i do want to finish it. i cringe reading back my writing from when i was 14 😭

i do want to write another book tho, who should i write about?