28

"Baby who's this?"

He wrapped his arms around my waist and stared threateningly at Zenan.

Before I could answer, Zenan rapidly replied.

"It's Zenan, her ex," He replied nonchalantly.

"Oh it's Lamelo, her husband," Melo replied in the same manner

I stood there awkwardly wishing that I could've erased myself from the tense situation.

"Husband? You turned 17 in february right?" Zenan asked shocked.

"Yeah and? Gotta lock it down when you find a good one. Thanks tho," Melo smirked.

"Thanks for?" Zenan inquired aggravatingly.

"Thanks for messing it up with a real bomb ass queen."

Zenan rolled his eyes and looked at his watch

"Mekai I'll see you around," He smiled walking away.

"Then you'll see these hands directly after nigga, gtf outta here," Melo yelled.

He got the snacks I was holding and took them to the counter. He paid and we left the gas station. Not a word was exchanged the entire trip back, and I honestly didn't feel like talking anytime soon. The whole situation made me think about how things could've been with Zenan. I really cared for him and maybe my life would be totally different if we were together.

We entered the house with the same tense atmosphere. I sat back on the chair and Melo went to his bedroom. In less than 10 minutes he came back out.

"You out here all quiet like you thinking bout sumn."

"You thinkin about that nigga huh?" He asked irritated.

"And you wish you were with him instead of me, that's okay Mekai. I can get the divorce papers se-"

"Melo stfu," I cut him off while rolling my eyes.

"Why you looking all sad then?" He asked coldly.

"I can't believe my parents did that. I knew they were a bit shallow, but I didn't expect that they'd chase the only guy that really meant something to me. I love you with all my heart Melo, but I'm just thinking about the what ifs." I answered honestly.

I expected a reply, but got a shrug instead. I hated that he felt insecure about the situation, but I couldn't control my emotions.

"Baby you okay?" I asked walking up to him.

He sat on the chair and I sat on top of him.

"I love youuu," I pouted at him.

He watched me seriously until a smile crept on to his face.

"I love you too kai."

"Like i'm seriously inlove with you, please don't break my heart," He added.

"Calm down Peter Kavinsky," I giggled.

"Ohmygosh can you please stop with that movie, I swear you've watched it a good hundred times." He chuckled.

"Everybody deserves a Peter Kavinsky."

heyy guys, it's been a long time since i've updated and i'm really sorry about that.

i'll try to make faster and even better updates 🥺Thanks for the support! 💛 You all make my day :))

Thanks for the support! 💛 You all make my day :))