33

Mekai

I woke up to the scent of something burning. I checked my phone and saw countless messages. I forgot that today was my birthday. I hopped out of bed and followed the scent. I had no choice but to giggle when I saw Lamelo trying to flip a pancake with a spoon.

He heard my giggle and looked at me.

"Happy birthday baaabbyy!" He smiled widely running up to me and giving me a big kiss.

"See the plan was to bring you breakfast in bed, but this shit harder than I thought," He chucked scratching the back of his head.

"It's the thought that counts, where's my parents?" I asked confused.

"They out handling business, so they asked your incredibly sexy, handsome, amazing, talented, big di-"

"I get the point Melo!" I laughed cutting him off.

"So what we doing today, you're finally 18, it feels like you were 17 for three years."

"I don't want to do anything, maybe just eat some pasta and watch sponegbob," I smiled widely.

Melo looked at me like I was insane.

"So you're telling me you survived cancer, got married, finished school, and started college all before you were 18, and that is how you want to celebrate? Girl you're nuts!" He dramatically yelled.

"That's exactly my point, I've done so much, but I'm not where I want to be as yet."

"Let's celebrate the now, before we focus on the future. Come on do it for me, I just got drafted," He have me this pouty face.

I pushed out my lips for a kiss and nodded my head.

"Okay yay! Today's offically Kai day, so whatever you want to do we'll do it!"

I was about to answer when I heard my phone ringing. It was Lavar.

"THERE'S MY FAVORITE DAUGHTER-IN-LAW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!" Lavar screamed through the phone.

"Thanks so much pops," I smiled lowering the volume on my phone.

"Happy Birthday, love you," Tina also said.

"Aww, thank you and I love you too!"

"So what's dip lanky ass doing for you today?" Lavar asked.

"He said we were going out, so we bout to get ready in a few," I answered.

"Okay I'll leave you young cats to it, see y'all later," Lavar said.

I said goodbye and went to look for an outfit. Melo was already ready, so it was only me holding up the train. I did my routine and wore a cute little outfit. I came back down to see Melo taking a nap on the couch.

I couldn't help but smile at how adorable he was.

"Oh well," I whispered as I smacked him.

"TF MEKAI!" He semi-yelled.

I couldn't hold in my laugh. Boy looked like a damn crackhead.

"I'm sorry baby, but I'm ready and you were knocked out

"I'm sorry baby, but I'm ready and you were knocked out."

"You lucky I love your ugly ass," He grunted while standing up.

Melo opened the car door for me, but not just because it was my birthday. He does this all the time.

"You know I can open my own door right," I said.

"But with me you don't have to, now stfu."

I chuckled at his response, he was the sweetest dumb ass I knew.

"So first on the list gotta be breakfast, cause a nigga hungry asf," Melo complained.

I shook my head and sat there as he drove to the restaurant. We got there quite fast and sat in a booth. The waiter came up to us and had a mini panic attack when he saw Melo.

"Can I please get a picture, my homeboys bout to be tighttt," The waiter laughed.

Melo used to get alot of attention, but now that he was drafted, it's a whole other level. It's amazing to see him mature from that annoying 16 year old to the man he is now.

I took the picture of Melo and the fan and we ordered our food. I was eating when my phone started blowing up again.

Melo tagged you in a post

melo happy birthday to my literal everything. you're the reason why i grind so hard. you're the reason why i look forward to waking up. i couldn't ask for a better wife/best friend. i love you 4L monkey butt! 🛸💕

I looked up and gave him a wide grin.

"How did I get so lucky to have you as my arranged husband?" I asked.

"I'm the lucky one," He replied