32

time skip~
draft day

Lamelo

It's finally the day i've been working my whole life for. At first I thought not making it to the league was my biggest fear, but after Kai got sick my whole perspective changed. I stared at her sleeping body before getting out of bed. These months were good, hard times ofcourse, but she's fighting. She had only one more chemo session left. Thankfully, her cancer wasn't that bad and curable.

I was about to get up and use the bathroom when i heard the sounds of shuffles behind me.

"Baby," Mekai whispered as she opened her eyes.

I gazed at her in awe. I could never get enough of her.

"It's your special day!" She sat up smiling.

"You'll finally play against my baby daddy Kyle," She added.

"Why have chicken little lookin ass kids when you can get BBS," I smirked.

"What's BBS?" Kai asked confused.

"BIG BALLER SPERMIES!" I yelled.

Mekai stared at me before speaking up.

"Boy stfu and give me a goodmorning kiss

"Boy stfu and give me a goodmorning kiss."

"But you ain't brush your teeth, your shit smelling like a seafood boil," I chuckled.

She rolled her eyes and got up.

"You know i'm just fw with you baby," I laughed again giving her a long kiss.

"I'm so proud of you Lamelo, your dreams becoming reality today and I'm so thankful to be experiencing it here with you. I know we had a rough couple of months but I couldn't ask for anything else than to be here with you. I love you so much monkey butt," Kai said with tears forming.

"I love you too my princess !" I answered with a kiss.

"Why you call me princess and not queen?" She questioned.

"Because we ain't have our first daughter yet. So use your booty as a brush and stop being in such a godamn rush."

"Wtf, that's not a saying melo," She giggled.

We both got out of bed and prepared for the day ahead. I was staying at Kai's house so we were heading over to mine. I really don't know why we haven't gotten an apartment as yet, but Kai wanna wait until she's 18. She'll be 18 in two weeks, so i'll convince her during this time

My parents greeted me excitedly as I entered my house.

"THERE'S MY NUMBER ONE PICK! YOU READY SON?" My dad yelled.

"Hell yeah!" I replied as I hugged him and my mom.

Mekai

While Melo was getting ready and dealing with press I took a nap. I was feeling really tired but I didn't want Lamelo to worry. Tina came in the room and told me it was time to get ready, so I got dressed in my outfit for the draft.

I came outside to see Lamelo pacing around.

"Melly, you good amor?"

He stared at me and scratched his head.

"It's all hitting me now Kai. I get drafted, I have to leave for games, who's gonna watch you? I can't stay away from you for too long. I don't even know if I can bring you to the bubble!" He panicked.

"Babe I have my family and your family, and you know they'll take extra good care of me. Don't make your night about me, this is for you! You worked too damn hard Lamelo, and if you don't enjoy your night i'll be mad!" I said sternly.

He shook his head and smiled.

"Let's go sit and wait," He said grabbing my hand.

I sat next to him on the couch with his parents. I tapped my foot anxiously as the commissioner announced the first pick.

"With the first pick in the 2020-2021 NBA draft, the Minnesota Timberwolves select Anthony Edwards from the University of Georgia," The commissioner announced.

"THIS SOME BULLSHIT MAN!" Lavar yelled.

"It's okay," Tina smiled rubbing Melo's thigh.

I rubbed his hands to calm him, but he wasn't really disappointed at all.

The second pick went by and it wasn't Melo. I felt him tense up a bit but I tried my best to keep him calm.

"With the third pick in the 2020-2021 NBA draft the Charlotte Hornets select Lamelo Ball from Chino Hills, California."

"You did it babbbyyyy!" I screamed as I gave him a kiss.

He cheesed as he gave his parents hugs.

"This only a quarter of our journey Kai!" He whispered smiling.