30

Mekai

Melo gazed at me as he waited for an explanation.

"Oh you don't have shit to say, bet."

I watched as he opened the phone app on my phone and pressed a button.

"Ayo this Lamelo you tik tok mamas looking mf, tf you were doing with my girl! " Lamelo yelled at the phone.

"Matter of fact, don't even tell me. Pull up to her house right now for this smoke. You trynna catch my girl, you finna catch my dick in your mouth, no gay shit though," He continued to rant.

I looked at him lost for words. This lil lemon drop couldn't even fight.

"Lamelo calm down so I can really explain," I told him calmly

"You'll have plenty time to explain after Zenan's funeral," He smiled.

"Listen hear bro, talk to you girl and hear what happened. If you really knew what's going on you wouldn't be acting like a dumb ass right now," Zenan said before hanging up.

I couldn't hold in the tears in any longer. I started to sob out loudly as Melo came to sit down and embrace me.

"What's wrong Amari?" Lamelo asked in a serious tone.

His entire expression changed and he tensed up a bit. I never yet cried in front of him, except on our wedding day.

"I—I don't know if i'm gonna be able to spend my life with you Lamelo," I choked out mid tears.

"You want to leave me?" He semi yelled.

"It's Zenan right, I knew he would ruin us!" Melo yelled this time.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before proceeding.

"I have thyroid cancer Melo."

Lamelo eyes began to water as he placed his head in his hands. He looked up at me and held me in his arms as I sobbed.

"Listen Mekai, this is not the end for us. This is not the end for you. We're gonna fight through this baby, but we got to stay positive. People survive thyroid cancer and so will you. You can't leave me Mekai, you can't," He lightly cried on my shoulder.

I only shook my head at what he was saying.

"You think you're pops would be cool with me spending the night?"  Melo asked.

"I think they'd do anything to keep me happy right now," I chuckled.

I called my mom to see if it was okay and they agreed. Melo had to go home for clothes and stuff, so I went with him for the ride.

I just want this to be over.