2

I woke up with Jimin lying on my chest. 

I kissed his hair and held him close to me. 

Then I got lost in thoughts. 

Jimin and I were always together. Our families were very close. Everything was nice and Jimin and I had a lot of fun. 

Jin Hyung, Namjoon, Hobi, Jimin and I were always doing everything together. Our houses were close by and we went to the same school.

But at the end of the day, I would like to spend my time with Jimin. Since our parents were so busy we were always left alone. 

So we discovered the fun of being alone but at the same time we realized that we too needed to spend some time with our parents. 

But still, Jimin and I managed on our own, mostly. 

Until that one day. Our families stopped talking, stopped meeting each other. Jimin’s parents distanced themselves, but nothing changed between us. 

Even though I stopped visiting Jimin’s house because his parents didn’t like it, Jimin still came to my place. My parents love Jimin. They even know about us. They said that they were relieved that Jimin’s the on I'm in love with.

We grew up like this. From 10 year olds to 16 years olds when Jimin found out that his father was cheating on his mother. 

He never wanted to hide such a thing from his mother. But his heart broke after he learned that his mother already knew about the affair. 

She said that it was his second time. 

They were both already tired of his drinking habits. But an affair just angered Jimin, it made him lose his patience.

Jimin confronted his dad, because he was angry, because he didn’t want his mother to break any further. Since then, his dad hasn’t been nice to him. 

That was the first time his dad hit him. That was the day we got together, on my birthday. 

He came to the park later that day, a yellow box in his hands. His face was stained with tears, a little cut on his bottom lip, his right eye swollen. He smiled so hard when he saw me, he waved his hands wildly in the air and ran to me, enclosing me in the warmest hug. My frail weak arms didn't struggle to hold this small boy who had his legs curled around my waist. His giggles were like music to my ears. 

I had so many questions flooding through my mind. But he was there with me and that is all that mattered to me.

We were so young and naïve, yet our love was bigger, all because we understood.

"Happy birthday Yoongi." he said n a sig song voice while getting down. His eyes shone with love, admiration. He was happy, but I could see through them. He was heartbroken but he came to me. 

"This is for you." he handed me the pretty yellow box, neatly wrapped and a little ribbon on it.

I smiled shyly, my face instantly flushing. 

"You want me to open it now?"

"Mhmm, let's go to the bench." he said enthusiastically, grabbed my arm and ran towards the bench. I laughed because I felt happy.  He sat facing me and clasped his hands together. 

"Open it, I am too excited." he cooed. 

I slowly untied the knot and carefully unwrapped the yellow paper to find a pretty yellow box. It had our picture on it and we were much younger in that picture, like ten or something. 

"Is it like a memory box or something?" I asked, laughing at how silly we looked.

"Kind of, I am too broke to buy you an actual gift." he sighed slightly embarrassed. Little did he know that this meant everything to me.