23

YOONGI’S POV 

Jimin was looking comfortable around me, and that made me feel safe. It made me feel relieved. 

We were sitting on the cold floor of the balcony laughing like kids. 

He blew air puffs every now and then. Our noses had turned red in the cold.

I never thought he would be here today, we would be decorating our place on Christmas. 

Jimin was always the person who dealt with things in a mature way even if he was breaking down inside, and seeing him be that way just made me feel safe. 

Chim did cross my mind, it still feels weird to call him that because I have only called Jimin by that name. 

I was worried that Chim would make an appearance before I got to take him to see the lights. 

But I set the worries aside and paid attention to Jimin.

He was happy, he looked happy. 

“Done with the lights,” he said cheerfully. 

It was already dark by the time we were done setting up the lights and putting up the stars. 

The night sky was clear and all the street lights looked ethereal. 

“I love this.” I say when he shifted a little closer to me. 

He was shy and that reminded me of him when we just started dating. This feels like a new start for the both of us. 

I wrapped my hand around his shoulder and noticed how he leaned in the warmth. 

We stayed like that for a while. 

“Did I ever write poems?” he asked. 

“You wrote your journal entries as poems.” I loved them. He never made me read them in front of him but I was allowed to read them. 

“You are reminding me of poems. I don’t know which one, but when I see you I can only think about poems.” he was speaking in a low voice. 

I just pulled him closer to me so that our bodies were touching. 

“Can I hug you?” he asked looking at me. 

I nodded. 

His warm arms wrapped around my body. This meant everything to me. At least I have my boy in my arms now. 

“What’s the time?” he asked, still hugging me like a baby. 

“It’s 6.30pm. Shall we go? The reservation’s at 7.30.” 

He nodded. 

“Come here.” I cupped his cheeks and kissed his forehead. 

When I did that he went back to hugging me and that made me laugh. 

“Let’s go.” he said, pulling my hand. 

“Do you know where to go?” I asked. 

“I think I do, but you are taking me anyway.”

“You can direct the way. If you can't, that's absolutely alright.”

“I mean, when I am thinking of church there is this one that I am imagining. It might not be the same one.”

“Do you see a lake when you are thinking about it?” 

He nodded. 

“You can take me there. I’ll help you.” I smiled.

The cold air felt pleasant. Christmas is a happy time, he made me happier. 

We slowly walked as he tried to think of the path.