32

YOONGI'S POV

I let him be quiet and absorb the surroundings. He was looking at the park and my house, as if he was trying to revisit the memories.

"I wasn't scared all this while but arriving makes me a little nervous. I am meeting my boyfriend's parents after all." he laughed

"Whom you have known all your life."

"Yeah, it's still kinda surreal that you're my boyfriend. You're unreal for me."

"Are you done?"

"Yes, sorry let's go."

"Come here." I told him.

When he came closer I held his face and kissed his forehead.

"You'll do great."

He was all flustered and got out of the car hiding his face. I like how shy he is in front of me.

I guess now that everything's new to him, meeting my parents must make him feel nervous. Almost like meeting your boyfriend's parents for the first time.

We slowly walked towards my house with our bags and Cloud in my arms. Nostalgia tugged at my heart, I haven't been home in ages.

I found myself slowly ringing the doorbell as Jimin looked here and there. He looked at the birdfeeder and the trees in our backyard.

The shuffling of the footsteps neared as my dad opened the door to us.

His eyes glittered with tears the moment he saw us and and then he did the unbelievable. He enclosed Jimin in a bear hug because he was just so happy to see him.

I think my parents always felt grateful to Jimin in a way.

Jimin was taken by surprise but he hugged back. It was funny how big my dad was compared to his small body.

Dad let him go and then hugged me, taking Cloud in his hands.. It was nice, being hugged by my dad after so long felt good.

"Come in, you nuggets. And look, you've got a baby with you." he held Cloud high up in the air and smiled brightly.

His voice was shaky, he rarely gets emotional, but I could see how happy he was to see us.

"Isn't she adorable?" I asked.

"She is beautiful. Go and meet your mother, she's preparing a feast." he laughed again.

"Jimin, do you want to come?" I asked him as he was looking at my dad cuddling Cloud in awe.

He quickly bowed to my dad and left with me, holding my dad.

"I did dream about coming here but this is magnificent, your house looks like a palace. And you didn't tell me, your dad was this lovely. He is so warm."

Jimin was always my dad's favorite and little Jiminie always played with him.

When we reached the kitchen, my mom was taking out a freshly made pie from the oven.

"Mom, need some help?" I asked. I was so happy to see her.

"Oh look who's here." She ran to us and hugged me super tightly to tell me how much she missed me.

She then went to Jimin and kissed his forehead and hugged him affectionately.

Jimin looked so shy but he still blended well with my parents.

I love how my parents were treating him normally, as if nothing ever happened. Talking about the incident will only make him feel worse.

"Has my son been taking proper care of you Jimin?" She combed his hair with her hands and touched his face.