34

YOONGI'S POV

The next morning I woke up to my mom's screaming. It was so cold that I wanted to sleep but their screams worried me. Screams could only mean one thing- Chim.

I sighed when I didn't see Jimin by my side. After last night, I only wanted to hold him close to me. We truly needed a break from life. I couldn't talk last night, I just wanted to sit in silence with him. I was ecstatic and felt like crying at the same time.

His journal was lying on the table so i took it and wrote,

When all of this is over, when everything is better, let's get away for a while.

He had written another poem last night, that only meant he was getting better.

The wailing only got louder downstairs so I dragged myself out of bed.

When I walked into the kitchen I found Chim sitting on top of the dining table smiling obnoxiously. Mom, Jimin's mother and dad were just looking at him with annoyed faces.

"I'm guessing you guys met already." I said pouring myself a glass of water.

"Hi Yoongi, your parents are feisty." he pouted while i drank calmly without giving a fuck.

I did feel bad for him but I honestly wanted him gone. It's like my own patience was testing me.

"Come again." I looked at him, crossing my arms.

That only took him off guard.

"Well, they already knew about me, but the way they treated me really hurt me."

"I didn't know someone like you could be hurt."

"Wow, you are being mean. Is it because you had a good time last night?"

The adults in the room exchanged glances. I could feel my face getting hot. I guess I was the one who's being mean.

"What do you think? Come, I'll show you around."

"But Yoongi-" Mom tried to protest but dad stopped her.

Chim stormed out of the kitchen without saying another word.

"It's not his fault mom. He can be a little annoying and a pain sometimes but he's nice."

"It's my fault, Jimin's like that." his mom sighed.

"I'll go and talk to him. Mom, can you make him some dumplings?"

Mom seemed a little agitated at my demand but she nodded.

Chim was waiting outside the kitchen, he looked really sad.

"Your parents were so rude to me." his eyes were brimming with tears.

"I didn't know you were this emotional." it didn't surprise me as much as I thought it would. I knew Chim had these huge walls around him and he maintained a façade so that people couldn't easily intimidate him. I think he expected my parents to understand him. Afterall, he didn't get that parental love himself. He suffered ever since he came.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. It's my fault, I thought your parents would be like you."

That's true, I am nothing like my parents. My mom kept saying this when she was younger but it didn't bother them because I got good grades, that's all that mattered.

"Oh, how do you think I am?"

"Like how a human being should be, understanding."

"Well, you can't expect everybody to like you, can you? It came as a shock to them too, they are getting older and never in their wildest dreams did they think that Jimin will have to go through this. They won't see what you're going through."

"Oh, and his mother. That woman really needs to sort out her priorities."

It was funny how angry he could get.

"That's enough, come with me. I'll give you some comics to read." I said, shaking my head.

"I don't want to read stupid comic books. I am not a kid."

"Then what do you want to do?"

He walked outside the front door to the lawn and I followed him. Chim went and sat on the swing.

"Talk. Did you have fun last night?" he asked with a frown on his face.

"That's personal but why do you seem annoyed?"

"Cause again, I am saying this for the millionth time, Jimin and I share the same fucking body. It's like being stuck in a room where two people are having sex. You can't get out."

"Have I ever lost my patience with you?"

"Well, you wouldn't know what it's like to be stuck in here. No one likes me, you are only pitying me and your parents attacked me the moment I got there. They got so scared, as if they had seen a ghost. And Jimin gets to kiss you and have fun with you. I have nothing against him, I want him to have a happy life, it's just that I feel fucking lonely."

"I'm sorry that you have to go through this."

"Shut up. I shouldn't have expected your parents to be nice to me. I just want to go away." he lowered his head and cried silently.

I was feeling so bad but it was somewhat funny. He was crying like a kid.

"Do you need a hug or something?" I laughed.

"No. You stink." he said wiping his nose on his shirt but he looked like he wanted to hug me.

"Now, I am offended. Do you want it or not?" I asked, extending my arms.

He looked at my face for a second and then finally walked to me.

CHIM'S POV

Yoongi's arms were so warm. I hate winters but I like how warm he is. I forgot how I never knew how human touch felt. Now I know.

I understand why Jimin loves him. Yoongi's everything he needs. And Jimin is everything Yoongi needs. I shouldn't be in the picture

Jimin and Yoongi kissed last night. I saw this coming. I just hope that this stupid heart of mine doesn't fall for Yoongi.

His mother made some steamed dumplings for us.

The air was tense in the kitchen. Jimin's mother, my mother's eyes were red. I could tell she has been crying.

"Mom, did you finally leave dad?" I asked.

All of them were taken by surprise, I guess they didn't expect me to call Jimin's parents, my parents.

"Don't worry, it's still the brat here. I just didn't know what to call her."

"No one here thinks you are a brat, chill." Yoongi said.

"You can call me that. It's okay." his mother said looking my way.

"Okay."

"I left him the day it happened. I am quite financially stable to support me and Jimin. I just stayed for Jimin, so that he didn't have to face any problem, so that he isn't deprived of anything."

"I don't think he'd care if you left. But again, he loved both of you too much."

"I know. I don't want to talk about it."

"Of course you don't."

"I'm sorry, just leave me alone."

Everyone got quiet when she said that. Yoongi looked at me and tried to stop me from saying anything else so I gave in even if I was angry. I focused on eating the dumplings. Does tiredness feel like this?

I just want to go away.

"Do you want more dumplings?" Yoongi's mom asked.

Her looks were much softer than earlier. She was looking warm. I don't feel annoyed looking at her anymore.

"I'm done."

I don't want to stay here anymore so I leave, without telling them. I give Yoongi one last look and he understands.