Chapter Four

A/N: Yoo-hoo!!! 750+ Reads! I am so happy *jumps in joy n does happy dance*

You are all awesome! And so…. an early update!

Enjoy! J<3

Picture of Callie on the sideàà (I’ve put up pics of Nic n Ellie in the previous chaps, check them out)

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Four

Callie’s POV

We walked down to the kitchen in silence except when Nic stopped to point out stuff miss perfect missed on the trip upstairs.

“So, Callie, Nic tells me that you’re looking for a place to stay? Though, if I were you I’d not wanna leave here.”

Was she talking to me? I looked back to see her smiling at me.

And who said she could call me Callie? I didn’t want her calling me California either, but still…

Ugh! Why was that my name again? 

“Well that’s up to me isn’t it?” I snapped.

“Cal…” Nic warned me.

I huffed and walked into the kitchen heading straight to the oven. The delicious smell of roast duck made its way through the room.

“Oh! That smells heavenly!” She smiled at me, a genuine smile not sarcastic or mean. Miss perfect again.

But this time I smiled back at her. I felt nice to hear some praise for once. No one really said anything before about my cooking. Nic just spent every waking hour trying out things to torture me and Reign was a grumpy old man.

Well, maybe she wasn’t so bad, as long as she kept away from Nic.

“So Ellie, you want a roommate?”

Miss perfect nodded. “Yea, I have a really huge apartment to myself. It would be nice to share it with someone. Nic said you were looking for a place and as I was going to go home to eat dinner alone, he asked if I’d like to come for dinner here. You know, and meet you at the same time…”

Huh. I didn’t reply and turned my gaze to Nic. “So, Nic why didn’t you pick up my call?”

He had the decency to look sheepish, “I was, um, with Ellie and we were talking, so… sorry, really. Was it something very important?”

“Not really. Just wanted to share how Reign got his ass kicked by Henry at the meeting.” I was smiling deviously.

“You’re not gonna let him forget it are you?”

“Nope, Never. You guys don’t spare me,” I shrugged, “I just learned from the best!” I declared. Miss perfect was now smiling awkwardly; feeling left out.

“So Ellie, you like Nic?” I was going to be direct. Not that it was of any importance to me… but she was human. That was reason enough to be curious; right? Right?

Both of them choked and Nic started blushing.

“I do, but only as a friend.” I snorted, friend my behind! But she continued undeterred, “Actually at the café we did talk about who Nic likes-” I heard a thump and she cut short.

This had me very curious. Nic liked someone and he told her. Even I didn’t know and he told her!

I mood dropped crazily again. I wasn’t hurt. I wasn’t!