Chapter Fourteen

A/N:  Here is chapter 14, it’s a lot longer than my previous ones, so I hope you like it!

Enjoy, J

(Unedited)

Picture to the side is of the Reign I’ve chosen... the cast is final, the model is Wade Poezyn. Totally gorgeous isn’t he?

Also the new cover was made by @MisguidedSoul so a big truckload of thanks to her! <3

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Fourteen

Reign’s POV

After Nic and I escaped from the Callie sized storm inside, we walked in silent acquiescence toward the bench on the pavement on the other side of the road. There was a clear view of Ellie’s apartment from here. In case either of them walked out onto the balcony, they’d be able to see us sitting here too.

I was for one was really grateful that Ellie kicked us out, unlike Nic who had been grumbling the whole way down.

“What do you think is wrong with her? Cal’s always been a bit... eccentric? But this was way beyond normal.... You think it’s possible she’s going through that menopause phase or something?” Nic was looking at me so sincerely, like he really believed that shit.

“We’re not human Nic. I don’t think she goes through all that, but you’ll have to ask her to find out for sure.” I shrugged.

“Jeez! You think I have a death wish?! I wanna live a long life! I’m not asking her that.”

I laughed. “Well whatever it is you did, I’m sure Ellie’s sorting it out now.”

Nic frowned, the clueless idiot. “Why do you assume I did something?”

“So what else? Callie doesn’t just react like that in response to anyone but you. I’m sure you did or said something to hurt her. That pest is pretty sensitive like that.” I shrugged again, making sure he understood I thought he was being dense.

I looked hard at the ground after that, his face scrunched up, expression almost as if he were concentrating deeply. I caught on immediately and he landed a sharp knock on the head.

“OW! Reign, what the hel-heck!”

“No eavesdropping. I’m sure she’ll only be more upset if you try to overhear their talk, besides, Ellie made us leave, it must be something private.” I glared at him, making my point.

“Whatever.” But he stopped the spying.

There must have been maybe a second of silence before Nic spoke again. Sigh.

“So... you’re going for that private council meeting right. What is it you all are discussing?”

I chose not to respond, pretending a sudden interest in the old couple walking down the street hand in hand, or the little boy walking a dog twice his size and the mother trying- and failing miserably may I add- to hold all of her shopping bags whilst keeping a hold on the wiggling toddler in her arms.

It was a busy street. Something I’d taken note of immediately when we got here. The area was safe, the street violence free, and a family friendly place. Ellie’s family had chosen a good place for her to stay at. Even the building had a really good security system, something that had put my mind at ease for her well-being.