Chapter Eighteen

Dedicated to daltonbl for voting and commenting for every chapter... You sure are a confidence booster! :)

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Eighteen

ELLIE POV

After our talk about his sister, I'd noticed that Reign had become more open. He spoke to me without hesitation and answered all my remaining questions about the mechanisms of the Order and the whole 'Crusnik' thing too. 

The day had been beautiful, and as the sun began to set, I didn't want my time with Reign to end.  

To see him so free... had been a revelation. 

Reign was undoubtedly a good looking man, in his dark navy turtle neck and trousers, expensive loafers and his hair styled back, he looked even more so... But today, it wasn't his physical attributes that had me captivated. 

Today I had seen another side of him, a side that I knew very few people had ever seen. The way his smile or his laugh transformed his features, the manner in which those laugh lines enhanced his joy and the manner in which that joy reflected in his eyes, just made him so much more attractive. 

There was nothing more I could have asked for... but apparently, Reign had other plans, I was currently being led around somewhere, blindfolded. 

We had been in a middle of a talk about Lanz and one of those legendary dares that he and Reign had pulled off, when Reign suddenly got nervous. 

"You trust me right?" 

"Uh... Yes?" 

"Is that an actual yes or I'm too scared to say 'no' yes?" Reign questioned uncharacteristically unsure. 

"That was an 'I definitely trust you yes', sorry it didn't sound like it. You just surprised me," I tried to assure him. 

"Well then," he got up from his seat and held out a black cloth. "I'm going to put this on you and lead you somewhere.... it's a surprise. So is it okay with you?" 

"What more can you surprise me with?" I was amazed.  

"This," I pointed around the room seriously, "was so much more than I ever expected for today."  

Then jokingly added, "You're sure you want to do more? I mean the first 'date' was pretty good, and then this one even just until now is marvellous... you're setting the standards pretty high for the next one." I wagged my eyebrows at him teasingly. 

He looked a bit contrite though and I couldn't understand why. 

"Actually our first date was ruined by all the rogue drama, so I wanted to apologize for that... And this day is special; I'm truly, gratified that you're giving me this chance Ellie." 

"Reign... that wasn't ruined, I did enjoy myself that day." 

He smiled, "Well then, if you enjoyed that sorry excuse for a date you'll love what I have planned today. Come on now," he urged me to turn around so he could tie the blindfold around my eyes. 

I played along, if it would please him then I'd do it, it was such a little thing he asked of me. After all that he had just done, I didn't have the heart to refuse his request. 

After the blindfold was in place, Reign took my hand, twining his fingers with mine. I felt my body come alive, the heat of his palm against my own creating an extraordinary awareness of him in my mind.