Chapter Nine

A/N: Here it is- chapter 9, I have tried to do it as best as possible, hope you like it :)

On a happier note, we made it to #64 on Vampire today and it’s all because of you guy’s support!!!!! Thank You, thank you, thank you! :D

Enjoy, J

p.s not edited

************************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Nine

Ellie’s POV

Callie motioned for me to enter a room with huge ornate wooden doors, the library I’m guessing; Nic had pointed in its general direction that first night.

I got in and looked around.

It was magnificent, like the rooms you see on TV, the walls were a soft cream and all the furniture was wood with couches and chairs and tables set up strategically around the place. The couches were the same colour as the walls with red cushions on them.

This room like all the others had window walls, but even those did not lift my spirits today.

The scenes from the park was flashing through my mind like a horrible movie and it was beginning to give me a head ache, all I wanted were answers, how did I get here? Who saved me from Reign? Where was he now?

Ugh! This was all so unreal, nothing like this was supposed to happen, not in real life, not in my life… All my years I’d never remotely experienced anything like what I had gone through today.

I had to admit back home I was a bit sheltered, one of the privileged kids, but it’s not like I hadn’t lived my life, I’d seen some shit, but this was a whole lot of bad shit and I didn’t know what to believe anymore.

All that blood and the creature’s fangs were nudging my mind into a certain direction, but I didn’t wanna go there, not now, not ever.

I was going to study law and become a corporate lawyer and be successful. Have a happy life, a family someday maybe. Today wasn’t real, I told myself. Nic and Callie will sort all of this out right now and everything will go back to normal.

Little did I know that for me, normal was left way behind a long time back.

I took a deep breath and turned to see Callie closing the doors behind her as she got in.

All the way from Nic’s room to the library she hadn’t said much to me except for shooting me sideways glances and smiling to herself- Many times I wondered if she was normal.

“Come on Nic’s waiting this way,” she gestured for me to follow her further into the library.

As we walked in I couldn’t help marveling at the sheer size of the room, it was filled with bookshelves that housed various books and authors and genres and I wondered who spent time here at all. This room was very expansive to just have been installed into the house for no use.

Callie led us deeper into the library, and I saw an arched doorway toward the end of the hall, we went through it and came into a mid-sized circular sitting room. It had a fireplace with couches surrounding it and a little tea table in between, very cozy.

Nic sat on one of the couches and got up smiling when he saw me. “You better now?”

I nodded. “Yea, apart from where I was literally forced to eat up, I’m fine.”

“Ha, you needed the food and don’t try telling yourself otherwise. I didn’t want you fainting again now, see you’ll be thanking me soon,” Callie was huffing and puffing with righteous indignation and I couldn’t help but smile.