Chapter Twelve

A/N:  W~!@#$%^T& () _F!!!!

Night Reign got to #45 on Vampire today AND it is showing up on page 3 of what’s hot list!!! Seriously you guys are the BEST! <3

Cookies for you all  ^(^. ~)>@@@

I hope we can keep up this growth and move up more (^, ^) and with awesome readers like you I know we can!

Here’s the next chapter, Enjoy! J

(Unedited)

Song on the sidebar is Do You Know by Enrique Iglesias and the cover on the sidebar was made by the lovely @ImmsSilda

************************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Twelve

Reign’s POV

The crackling of the fire was all that could be heard in the otherwise silent room. 

There was something about staring into fire that was very… cathartic. It was very steady and stable, in the way the flames burned up the wood leaving behind a wealth of embers as it moved up, licking at the roof of the fireplace. The movement a given, almost an automation… like destiny; raging ahead when leaving behind it a pile of smote ash.

But I was nowhere close to moving anywhere.

I had been up in my study all day, ever since we had gotten back from successfully thwarting the rogue attack on the fundraiser.

One whole week - one whole slow, torturous week of uncertainty and shame. Seven days had passed and yet there was no sign from Ellie that she was getting comfortable with the idea of us being vampires, no sign of her ever wanting to have anything to do with us.

I didn’t know how much longer I could wait before I found myself at her doorstep, begging for a chance… just one chance. I couldn’t beat myself enough for losing control like I had in front of Ellie; it wasn’t supposed to happen like that!

I screamed in frustration, pacing the room. “I had a plan dammit! I was a good one too, to get her slowly into our world, to get her used to us first, instead what she got was a whole train wreck of impossibilities dumped on her. And now I had nothing, no plan no step-by-step formula and I didn’t know what to do…”

My voice that had begun with a shout tapered to a whisper at the end.

I understood why she wanted to be as far as possible from me, I saw her when she snuck out of my lectures the minute I dismissed the class… how she made sure that she was at least a hundred feet away from me and I knew that I have lost her forever.

Nothing was going right!

First Ellie and lately the progress I had been making on the Draken movements had been close to nothing too, the last I had been able to trace was some cell phone activity from a small town called Redstowne… and I wasn’t even sure it was Draken activity!

I knew that the Order were wrong in waiting… the Draken hadn’t ceased their cause, they were hidden. But I was losing time!

Owen, Nathaniel and Hugo had informed me of the council meeting to be held on the weekend, all four of the Order was going to be present and as such it was a prestigious meeting - one that was invite only.

And I knew that this was my last chance at making a case in front of them. Henry had been pretty clear of that at the last session.

I stopped my pacing to glare at my insubstantial information… all of the phone records, emails, time line maps, delivery receipts… but there was nothing that screamed rogue Kudlak.