chapter five ─ other important matters (part one)

act one, chapter five

act one, chapter five ... other
important matters (part one? !

( march-twenty first, nineteen
eighty-six ... hawkins high school
parking lot ! )

── ✧ ──

" WELL , SPIT IT OUT . WHAT IS IT ? "

THE FACT THAT THE TWO FRESHMEN HELD THE three young adults up had been pretty inconvenient since they had things to do. But Davie gave them the benefit of the doubt since they didn't really know what was going on in their lives. The group of young adults were pretty confused. It looked important to them, but it might not be as important as what they needed to do. Davie really needed go because for one, he needed to pick up Angelina and take her home, and then back to his place to grab a few things. Davie ran his hands through his hair, waiting for the younger boys' response. He was sure that they didn't mean any harm, but holding them up was not helping them by any means. And it was taking forever for them to just spit out what they needed to ask them. Heath was confused, and so was Kate, who was eventually leaning against one of the doors of Davie's car.

"Guys, I really gotta go, so hurry it up," Davie warned, "Lina's gonna have my ass, you know that."

Dustin and Mike looked at each other, both a little worried. Davie noticed this. He didn't have any idea what was going on, but he cared enough to hear them out.

"Is something wrong?" Davie asked.

"Um, well, Lucas has his championship game tonight and we have our Hellfire campaign. And we need a substitute for him," Mike explained to him.

"So what does that have to do with me?"

"We were gonna ask you to be Lucas's sub, but it seems like you have oyher plans," Dustin finished.

"Yeah, sorry guys," Davie sighed, "I wish I could, but I'm really busy. Have you asked Donna? Maybe she'll join."

"She can't," Mike answered, "She has to be at the game. Colorguard needs to be there."

"Demetri?"

"Also Colorguard," Dustin replied.

Davie sighed, pushing up his glasses. He didn't really know anyone else who played Dungeons and Dragons other than them. And he knew that because he was the leader of their campaign every Saturday night. The male wished he could do something for sure. He felt bad for them, but he couldn't leave the protest behind. Or cancel it again.

Kate put a hand on her friend's shoulder. "Go."

Davie looked at the female like she was crazy. Go to the campaign? They pretty much have a campaign of their own. The male really didn't think that going to the Hellfire Club's campaign was a good idea, considering that he had this set up for months. The male was a little bit nervous to leave it behind.

"Go? You want me to go?" Davie said to them, "What about the protest?"

"I'll lead the protest!" Kate answered, "What, you think I'm going to cancel before you're not there? You have me as an assistant for a reason!"

"Yeah! We'll take care of it," Heath told him, "We'll lead it, and we'll tell you how it goes."

"Um. . . I-I don't know. . ."

"Please," Dustin begged, "We need a sub for him and we don't have anywhere else to turn. Besides, you're a skilled player! One of the best I'd say!"

"Yeah! Donna and Demetri have talked a lot about you," Mike added, "We heard you were great."

Davie gave a smile. "Aww, that's sweet," he chuckled.

"So? Will you join our campaign?" Dustin questioned?

Davie thought for a moment. Although he didn't feel right leaving the responsibility of the protest on Heath and Kate. He felt horrible about that. But if they insisted, then Davie knew what he had to do. Another escaped his lips, and he looked at the two boys.

"You guys are lucky that I keep my stuff for the game in the car," Davie told them, "I'll join, but only for this game, okay?"

Dustin and Mike practically cheered in excitement, high-fiving each other happily.

"Thank you so much!" Dustin said in a relieved tone, "Eddie would have killed us if we didn't find a sub for Lucas."

"Yeah, whatever, it's not big deal," Davie chuckled again, before throwing his car keys to Heath, "Take the car. Remember to pick up Lina from work. From there, you two know what to do."

"Aye aye, captain!" Heath cheered.

Before the girls got into the car, Davie took out his dnd things. He never knew why he did that, he just did. He was jus happy that keeping the things in there came in handy.

"You guys are also gonna have to pick me up after the protest. The game will probably last that long anyways," Davie said to the other two, closing the car door, "And uh, be careful with Aries. If I see a scratch on him you can't drive him ever again."

"Yep, got that," Heath chuckled, "Now go! Have fun! You have to tell me about it when I pick you up."

"I will definitely do that!" Davie replied, "Promise."

Heath gave their friend a smile, before getting in the driver seat of Davie's car along with Kate, who was getting in the passenger side.

"Come on! We better get there quick," Dustin said to Mike, "He'll kill us if we're late."

Davie followed the two freshmen boys back into the school as Heath drove off in his car. He looked at the two, asking, "So what's he like?"

"Eddie? He's the coolest!" Dustin answered.

"Yeah, so I've heard," Davie chuckled.

"I'm surprised you never talked to him," Mike told Davie, "It seems like you two have a lot in common."

"Really?"

"Yeah! You two like metal, Dungeons and Dragons," Dustin explained, "You. . . two both have handkerchiefs hanging out of your pocket which. . . What does that mean by the way?"

"First of all, that's none of your business, secondly, I don't know why we haven't talked! He just. . . Intimidates me, I guess."

"Well, once you meet him, you two will get along just fine. He's not as scary as he looks," Dustin replied.

"Yeah, I hope so," Davie muttered, walking into the school building.