chapter forty-four ─ familial betrayal

act three , chapter forty-four

act three , chapter forty-four ...
familial betrayal !

( march twenty-eight , nineteen
eighty-six, one forty-five in the
morning , the rossi household ! )

( now playing ... blood i
bled ─ the straves ! )

( tw : mentions of drugging
drinks , sexual assault , verbal
abuse, and victim blaming )

── ✧ ──

NOW AT THE ROSSI RESIDENCE , EVERYONE had been in the living room. All of the kids had been injured in a way because of the riot. Most of the adults were trying to clean wounds and some of the kids even had ice packs on their head. With Stuart Johnson and Gordie Eubank tending to January and Marsh's bruises, to Vienna cleaning up Chester's head, which had bled not too long after that policemen hit him. Vienna had lost her night job, but it was okay, because she made more money making eatings during the day. While Luanne and Philomena tending to Davie and Heath's wounds, all three of them noticed that Davie was out of it. He was thinking about something. And Luanne knew that it wasn't good if he was zoned out in his own world like this. He has barely said a peep to anyone else. Eventually, his aunt tapped on the blonde's shoulder, snapping him back into reality, smiling at the sight of his aunt.

"How you feelin'?" Luanne asked as she finished changing the bandage that was on his bleeding scar from a couple hours back.

Davie slightly shrugged. "Tired," He answered, "And I'm sick and tired of these contacts being in my eyes."

"I know, I know. But until I can get you some new glasses, you're gonna have to wear them," Luanne explained to him, "But that's not what you're really thinking about, is it?"

The blonde eventually shook his head. "No."

"You know you can tell me," Luanne replied, before sitting on couch next to him after being bent down for so long, "Say what's really on your mind, Davie."

Davie didn't even know if he wanted to go on with that. His thoughts were practically running ramped through his brain. And at the same time time, he had been so tired for Lina's verbal abuse for a while. But he didn't wanna believe that Lina could have something to do with his assault. It just didn't seem right. Not even for Lina to do.

"About what Jason said. . ." Davie muttered, sniffling, "About Lina and it being her idea."

"I think Jason was trying to divert the attention off of him," Luanne explained, "I don't think that Lina would have done something like that. Is she cruel? Yeah. But I think that's a limit. Even for her."