chapter forty-seven ─ the return to lover's lake

act three , chapter forty-seven

act three , chapter forty-seven ...
the return to lover's lake !

( march twenty-eighth , nineteen
eighty-six , afternoon , in the
woods on the way to skull rock ! )

── ✧ ──

THE WALK THROUGH THE WOODS SEEMED LIKE IT WAS TAKING FOREVER. DAVIE felt like he was going to fall flat on the ground. But he couldn't give up. Giving up on Eddie was not an option, and he was determined to find him. Heath, Blue Jay, Chester, Pippa, January, Tammy, new group member Theo, along with Steve, Nancy, Robin, Dustin, Max, Demetria, and Lucas were trying to find their way through the maze that other people called the woods. Dustin even had a compass with him to find the landmark. Steve on the other hand was getting frustrated with him because he knew the way to Skull Rock. The arguing between the two of them was driving Pippa and Heath nuts. They didn't know how much longer they had to deal with this. and it just kept getting louder and louder between them. Heath just wanted to turn around and scream at them back, but Pippa wasn't going to allow that. Instead, they needed to remind them that they needed to be discreet so that no one else could find Eddie. 

"Guys, you need to be more quieter," Pippa tells the two boys that were next to her, "We need to be more discreet so that no one follows us here."

"Yeah, Dustin, be more quieter," Steve antagonized.

"Why you──"

"Both of you," Heath eventually chimed in, "Before I sew both of your mouths shut, you understand?"

After that, the two of them nodded quickly, before walking ahead of the Jones siblings. 

"Now, Heath. You didn't have to say that to them," Pippa told them.

"It got them to shut up, didn't it?" Heath asked. 

"Well, yes, but──"

"Then don't question my methods, little sis."

Meanwhile, most walked in pairs. Davie had been walking with Theo. It was quiet between them for a while, a little bit awkward, too. Davie only knew Theo a little bit. She had been in his history class with him. Saw her face only a few times a week. He didn't really know why, though, and he really didn't bother to ask. He wasn't the one to but in people's business. He didn't like for people to know his business, so why but into theirs? Didn't seem right to him.

"So. . ." Theo began quietly, "You really must be a town savior, huh?"

Davie managed to let out a small chuckle. "Well, I wouldn't say that," The blonde responded, "I just think of myself as a small town protestor. Nothing special."