chapter ten ─ trouble strikes in hawkins (yet again)

act one , chapter ten

act one , chapter ten ... trouble
strikes in hawkins (yet again) !

( march twenty-second , nineteen
eighty-six ... evening, at the
mccreary-hartman household ! )

── ✧ ──

EVERYONE ALWAYS SAID THAT HAWKINS WAS. . . Cursed. Everyone knew it by the time the Mall fire happened, even though Davie and a groups of other people knew that it was just more than a mall fire. But no one would believe what they saw. Everyone would assume that they were crazy and try to admit them into a psych ward. And Davie knew that he was sane. He just decided to keep that information to himself, and so did everyone else who saw what happened. Three people with superpowers fighting off some demented monster. Yeah right, who would believe that? But he had people who witnessed it who he knew would believe it. And that was enough for him. He just hoped that he wouldn't have to deal with any of that this year. Ever since he's been to Hawkins, it's just been creepy shit, parallel universe, and scary-looking monsters. Not to mention the fact that people were mean. Very mean. 1984 had been the worst year of his life. It wasn't easy, but he wanted to live past it. He didn't want to think about it anymore.

All Davie wanted to do at this point was relax. He had a very long day. A successful day, in fact, and he was just happy to be home because he felt like he was about to fall over. The male had a bit too much energy though, and couldn't quite fall asleep, so his TV was pretty much set on one of his comfort TV shows. But that was going to go pretty much out the window, because the lights had been slightly flickering on and off.

The blonde haired male, looked up at his lights, a confused look on his face. It went on for about ten seconds, before it stopped. Although he was confused by this, he refused to think too much of it, so he went back to what he was doing. He didn't wanna deal with anything else tonight. But then, they started flickering again, and eventually the TV began to do the same.

"Aww, come on," Davie muttered to himself, before getting up to fix the TV, "Not tonight?"

The male in the glasses knocked on the top of the a few times until it popped back on. It could have been bad signal, but he doubt it, considering the whole neighborhood has power at the moment. But he didn't want to think too much about it. When he went back to walk to his bed, his phone rang.

Davie looked at it for a hot minute. Confused, and slightly frightened. He hesitated to even answer it. But his curiosity was stronger than he was, and he walked toward the telephone that was sitting on his nightstand, and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Davie! It's Chester."

"Oh, hey, Chess!" Davie replied, a yawn escaping his lips, "What's up?"

"Nothing much," The redhead answered, "Um, the rainbow club is meeting after the gig. I know you said you were exhausted, but we're gonna have a blunt rotation, so I was wondering if you wanted to join that."

"Oh, that's really sweet of you to call," Davie says through the phone, "I would love to join, but I'm just super exhausted. I just wanna sleep, you know?"

"I totally get it! You do a lot for Hawkins. I get how exhausting that could be," Chester told him, "But get some sleep, okay. You, my friend, you definitely need it."

"Thanks," Davie chuckled, "And you guys rock on tonight, alright? Give the crowd what they want."

"We totally will," Chester said back, "Bye."

"Bye."

The both of them hung up the phone. Davie turned to see the television flickering again. He sighed in defeat, getting back into his bed, and once he got in it, he didn't get out of it. He was out like a light afterward.

────── ⛤ ──────

MEANWHILE , THERE WERE OTHERS WHO were trying to have a good time on their first night of spring break. With Thrash Till Dawn performing a late night gig tonight, to people just wanting to hang out with friends, spring break was supposed to be the best time to just run the town. But there were other people who just wanted to stay in with friends smoke weed. People like Eddie Munson, who had Chrissy Cunningham over his trailer to smoke some with him.

Chrissy had been on edge lately. Acting strange. Eddie noticed it, and he wanted her to make her feel as calm as possible. He could tell that she was nervous, and he didn't want her to be. He wasn't as scary as people thought he would be, and Chrissy had realized that yesterday, when the two of them were in the woods together when she decided to make a drug deal. She learned that, in fact, Eddie Munson was just a huge dork, and not the scary freak that everyone said he was.

"There's nothing to worry about," Eddie said to her, "Usually it kicks in pretty quickly."

He looked into one of the tiny tin boxes that he had only to find out that it was empty. "Ah, shit. . ." He muttered, before looking at Chrissy, "Be right back."

The metalhead quickly went into the messy junk pile that he likes to call his bedroom. At the door, he spotted his beloved guitar hanging above that mirror of his, a small smile now across his face.

"Sorry I'm late, sweetheart," He said to it, before strumming the strings, which made a quiet noise before he went back to finding what he needed.

But he would be away for too long, because in her head, Chrissy was in a totally different room, frightened. She called for Eddie a couple times, but he couldn't hear her because she had been in a totally different place. Running away from the different people and the horrifying occurrences that she kept running into.

She was scared out her mind, and she wanted to get out, but she couldn't. The cheerleader was trapped. She couldn't do anything where she was. She was powerless.

Eddie, while in his room opened up a drawer to find another tin box that has what he was looking for. "Gotcha," he muttered, before walking back into the living room with Chrissy.

But terror would soon strike the both of them.