chapter twenty-one ─ freddy's dead

act two , chapter twenty-one

act two , chapter twenty-one ...
freddy's dead !

( march twenty-forth , nineteen
eighty-six ... afternoon , the
trailer park ! )

── ✧ ──

ONCE AGAIN , THE TRAILER PARK WAS surrounded by the police once again. Within three days, someone else has already died. Vecna had been killing teenagers, one by one. The police was pretty much on it, and it seemed like there were more cop cars than before. It was terrifying, especially to the group that was headed up there. They knew that hiding Eddie was the best thing right now. Because they knew that they were definitely looking for him, even though he was innocent. They all managed to fit inside Steve's car as they drove to the trailer park. They had to hide themselves the whole time, and they had to park pretty far so that the police couldn't help catch them trailing behind. And when they got there, they saw someone that they didn't really expect to see at the crime scene. Especially since she was being questioned by the police when they had arrived there.

Nancy Wheeler had been gone for five minutes before Fred, her partner had died. When she noticed that he was gone, it had been too late. She had looked for him right after she had questioned Eddie's uncle, Wayne Munson, who has been getting sick of the interviewers of the Hawkins Post, and maybe even any of the news channels. She knew that she shouldn't have left. She should have trusted those instincts. When the two had got there, Fred started acting strange. Like he was nervous, scared.

The group that has arrived there in the car has eventually gotten out of it all at the same time. But the first person Nancy saw was Steve, who had given her a wave. The female waved back, before finally paying attention to the police officer that was speaking to her.

A little bit later, everyone had been sitting at a table in the park, with the addition of Chester, Tammy, and January leaving on either side of the table, trying to figure out why this was happening and how to stop it.

"Ever since we pulled into the trailer park, Fred has started acting weird," Nancy explained to the group, "Totally out of it. It was like the minute we pulled in he was acting strange."

"Something really doesn't add up. It's obvious," January told them, "But what is the thing that makes it not add up."

"Fred and Chrissy," Chester said, "They don't add up. Especially being in the trailer park. There's a reason why they keep dying here."

"So. . . The trailer park has something to do with it?" Demetria asked.

"Maybe," the redhead answered.