chapter forty-eight ─ creating davie's downfall

act three , chapter forty-eight

act three , chapter forty-eight ...
creating davie's downfall !

( march twenty-eighth, nineteen
eighty-six , afternoon , the basketball
team hideout ! )

( now playing ... heaven and
hell ─ black sabbath ! )

── ✧ ──

ANGELINA WAS PISSED. ACTUALLY, SAYING THAT THE BLONDE WAS PISSED was an understatement. Lina was furious. She was angry. There were many emotions that she felt and it was mostly the angry ones. Right now, she was at the basketball team hideout with them, and even a few friends. The same ones that witnessed Davie at Reefer Rick's house. The curly haired blonde wanted to do something a bit bigger (even though she had already done something to scar her poor younger brother). She had this boiling hatred toward Davie and it's been there since childhood. And being the middle child between him and her older sister Alana didn't really help matters. Lina wanted to be seen, and her parents just neglected her. But when Luanne tried to give her the love that she absolutely deserved, she pushed that away, like she didn't want it. Lina had her issues, and it was very evident. Especially toward the whole basketball team. They knew that she needed some sort of help. Even her friends thought that. But no one would ever say that to Lina. They didn't wanna get in her way whatsoever. But they didn't want to be involved with any of her devious plans. 

The only one who seemed willing was with Jason. But even he knew limits. But he knew that in order to get to Eddie, he needed to get through Davie. And he knew that it wasn't going to be an easy fight. He didn't even know if he wanted to do anything that she had in mind. But even the captain of the basketball team had someone that he was practically afraid of. And that someone just happened to be Angelina Hartman. Everyone practically cowered down to Angelina. 

Lina, had sat in one of the chairs that had been in the place like she was the queen of the hideout, deep in thought. You could tell that she had been drinking. Three bottles of beer were on the floor. In fact, she had been in the middle of her forth one as she was thinking.

Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil
The Devil is never a maker
The less that you give, you're a taker

Jason walked toward the curly-haired blonde as she was drinking. The rest of the team and her friends watched him, the rest of them in fear. "Lina, we need to talk," Jason says to her.

"There's nothing to talk about," Lina told him, glancing up at him with red eyes, combination of her drinking and her lack of sleep, "The only thing we talk about is how we bury both Davie and Eddie."

"We need to talk. Now," He says to her, before practically pulling her up from the chair.

Lina tried to throw the bottle at him, and luckily, Jason ducked and so did everyone else. The beer bottle had broke after it hit the wall.

"Don't touch me!" Lina yelled at him, pulling her arm away from his hand, "We have nothing else to talk about!"

Lina, with those angry blue eyes shook her head, looking at the scared crowd behind the basketball captain. She looked at them. "What the hell are you looking at?!" She sneered, and eventually scattered. The only other one who didn't walk away was Natalie, who was the most level headed in their friend group.

"Babes, there is nothing that we can do," Natalie told her.

"There is something we can do. This has gone for way too long," Lina says, "Eddie is out there and he killed Chrissy, he's in a cult! And now he's trying to seduce my brother!"

"Don't you think we're trying to get Eddie?" Jason tells her, "He is on the run and Davie and his stupid group of friends are helping him! And there's more of them than there is of us."

So, it's on and on and on
It's Heaven and Hell, oh well, yeah ...

"So?"

"So we need a plan B if our plan A doesn't work," Natalie explains.

"Well we need Davie outta the way before we can get to Eddie," Jason tells them.

"How the hell are we gonna do that?" Natalie asks, "Davie and Eddie are practically joined at the hip at this point. They were both in that shed, and they were already separated once. They aren't gonna let each other go this time."

"Yeah, I know. . ." Lina muttered, "And Eddie has no concept of personal space, I know that for damn sure."

"You know Eddie and Davie more than the rest of us," Jason starts, "What do you think we need to do?"

Lina thought for a moment. He was right, she did know the both of them the best considering that she's related to one and she dated the other. Honestly, she had worst plans in her head that she could do. But those tendencies needed to be pushed back. But Natalie can tell that her friend's reels were spinning.

"Whatcha thinkin', Lina?" She asked.

Lina looked up at her friend, a slight evil smirk on her lips. "One of them is gonna have to die," She answers. 

Natalie started to laugh, as if Lina had been joking. Everyone else began to look scared for her, even Jason. And when the other blonde realized that Lina wasn't joking, a surprised look came onto her face, looking at her friend like she was totally insane.

"Oh my god. . ." Natalie gasped, "You're serious."

The lover of life's not a sinner
The ending is just a beginner
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

"Yes, Nat. Dead serious," Lina told them.

"Girl, you are insane. You could be the one getting arrested instead of Eddie," Natalie told her.

"You could get all of us into jail, Lina. That isn't something you wanna do," Jason told her.

"I'm a forensics major, remember? I know how to get away with it," Lina says back with a laugh.

"Nuh-uh. I'm not doing this. I'm out," Natalie told her, putting her drink down on the table, "Have fun in jail."

Lina, Jason, and the rest of the group watched Natalie as she walked out of the hideout. Lina couldn't help but to roll her eyes, and a scoff escaped from her lips. She knew that Natalie wasn't gonna go forward with it. She wasn't on her level at all. In fact, they had been drifting apart the past couple days. Especially since Lina had been sleeping on her couch. 

"Fucking pussy," The blonde muttered, before looking at the rest of the group, "If you're not gonna join me in this then get the fuck out."

The group looked at each other. The group of girls had been the first ones to walk out. Then, one by one, the basketball team had started to leave. Lina watched, shaking her head. She was definitely displeased with the turnout. The blonde then looked up at Jason, "Are you gonna leave, too?" 

Jason shook his head. "No," He answered, "I wanna do this just as much as you do."

Lina then gave him a small smile. "I knew I could count on you," She tells him.

The captain of the team eventually pulled up one of the chairs in the room, sitting down across from the middle Hartman.

"So, what's the plan?"